Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How long is too long for takeaway delivery?

Options
  • 16-11-2013 7:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭

I ordered food at 5.35, shortly after the restaurant opened. They advise 45 minutes as their target. Its now 80 minutes later and I'm eating my fingernails. :mad:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭Paddy Fields

My usual place is normally spot on and they have never been late at all. Last time I ordered pizza (not from pizza chain place) and it was delivered 2 hours too early but it was not a big deal. 80 minutes is quite a wait.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭padma

80 minutes is too long, ring them now and tell them the time that you ordered and let them know you still want quality and not cold. They should come to an agreement with you about price, extras etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭Jocelynel

80 minutes plus is way too long, i wouldn't use them again. the most i have ever waited is 30 / 35 minutes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,925 ✭✭✭✭anncoates

I'd refuse to take the delivery on principle if it took 80 minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭Dubl07

It arrived at 95 minutes. Never again. :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭Will23

did you pay full price?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭Santa Cruz

Dubl07 wrote: »

Ring them and make a complaint to the manager. If they are a good concern they will take details of the complain. What many of them do is have a note of your mobile number and the price of your order then give you discount or extra products the next time. The good firms realise the competition that is in the fast food market and will acknowledge shortcomings.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,075 ✭✭✭Rasmus

I hope you got it for free. I would have rang them after an hr and cancelled it. That is way out of order.

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭Stojkovic

Anymore than 45 mins, dont answer the door !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭StinkySocs

I'm starving...I haven't even ordered my take-away yet :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭DylanII

Stojkovic wrote: »
    Anymore than 45 mins, dont answer the door !!!

Could you not just tell them you don't want it?

Instead the driver is waiting their time knocking at your door, ringing you and then calling the pizza shop while someone else's food is waiting in the car...

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭Jocelynel

that's desperate now....i don't think i could have fully enjoyed a take out after waiting that long, i'd have eaten it too quickly to enjoy it properly. are you in dublin 7....who are they?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,666 ✭✭✭Howjoe1

I ordered food at 5.35, shortly after the restaurant opened. They advise 45 minutes as their target. Its now 80 minutes later and I'm eating my fingernails. :mad:

given the calories why don't you walk to collect it next time? might even be quicker:D

Nope, I paid full whack because I'm feeling bleh (fluish) and really couldn't face a row or starting to cook.

I've rung them though, thanks for that advice. There's now a credit on my account and I'm assured it will *never* happen again. The manager apparently isn't there and the guy who answered the phone took a few beats to remember his own name when asked. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 139 ✭✭Fanny Brioscaí

45 minutes i would think is about right. Any longer and you as well cancel.

Jocelynel wrote: »
    that's desperate now....i don't think i could have fully enjoyed a take out after waiting that long, i'd have eaten it too quickly to enjoy it properly. are you in dublin 7....who are they?

Not in D7, just started using this name in 2007 :-)

and yeah, half/two-thirds will be binned because I'd passed through the hungry/fancying something tasty/ravenous/outraged stages. An abject waste of time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭zenno

Ah, feck this... A call in to the summer inn, Singapore chow mien rice vermicelli, mouth burning hot, just like a kiss from a beautiful woman. hot as hell.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭dd972

I think when your evening meal becomes your breakfast, that might be a bit too long :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭EricPraline

Assuming that the restaurant is within your general vicinity, I'd say that anything beyond 60 minutes is unacceptable, unless they provide a good reason for the delay when you're making the order. 95 minutes is very poor service by any standards. Not sure I would want discounts or freebies from somewhere like that, I would just order from a competitor in future.

Assuming that the restaurant is within your general vicinity, I'd say that anything beyond 60 minutes is unacceptable, unless they provide a good reason for the delay when you're making the order. 95 minutes is very poor service by any standards. Not sure I would want discounts or freebies from somewhere like that, I would just order from a competitor in future.

It's under 3km. You're right of course.

• Advertisement
Advertisement