Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bad experience in Argos Arklow

Options
  • 16-11-2013 8:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Had a very bad experience with argos in Bridgwater today. I was given information by manager last Saturday and they refused to honour it today. I asked for manager on duty who also refused. I rang customer service who advised me go back to shop ( after 15 minute phone most of it on hold) and they would honour the details I was told the week before, went back was left sitting for 20 minutes only to be told very abruptly that they were not honouring what customer service had said. I was quite frustrated and she said I know you are but don't take it out on me, the person who was causing my frustration. I rang customer service who are going to listen back to first call and ring me back.

So annoyed to be treated like this by a large company like argos. If I was told incorrect information last week a reputable company like argos should have honoured it not shouted like that at me in the middle of a busy shop. I was very frustrated but didn't raise my voice the manger did i said to her you are raising your voice and she said yes I am.

It felt like she just got stubborn and refused to give in.

Just wondering if anyone else had issues? Always found them very helpful in the past very disappointed by them today.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,459 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

You've chosen not to give us any details of what they promised and failed to deliver so it's hard for others to comment. You do say that you've found them to be helpful in the past so it's surprising that you choose to create two new threads in separate fora to air your gripe.

It sounds like someone made a mistake and even with the best will in the world, some promises can't be fulfilled if someone screwed up and stepped beyond their powers or quoted a price that was way too low. I suggest that you accept that someone made a mistake, put it down to experience and move on.

'A verbal contract isn't worth the paper it's written on.' Samuel Goldwyn (misquote)

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Your post is short on actual details of what was promised, so therefore it's hard for us to comment. More information, if you're prepared to share, would be helpful.

Advertisement