Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TK Maxx Castlebar??

Options
  • 16-11-2013 9:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭

Did anyone else hear the rumor that TK Maxx is opening in the old Homebase??
    Would be great for the town. Saw a campaign on Facebook to get TK Maxx and a few people have said Homebase.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Jakesam

Did anyone else hear the rumor that TK Maxx is opening in the old Homebase??
    Would be great for the town. Saw a campaign on Facebook to get TK Maxx and a few people have said Homebase.

Just rumour, latest is unit will be split in 3 as rents are too high

• Registered Users Posts: 9,493 ✭✭✭irishgeo

seen a couple of fellas in suits in there about 2 weeks ago pointing in various directions with all the lights on. i hadnt realised it was closed. did i miss a closing down sale?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,541 ✭✭✭Dudda

irishgeo wrote: »
    seen a couple of fellas in suits in there about 2 weeks ago pointing in various directions with all the lights on. i hadnt realised it was closed. did i miss a closing down sale?

No you didn't miss much. Most of the stock was transferred to other stores.

They would have to apply for planning permission and fire certificates to split the building up before anyone could move in so you'll see that on the county council website a few weeks before any work starts.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,769 ✭✭✭nuac

Dudda wrote: »
    No you didn't miss much. Most of the stock was transferred to other stores.

They would have to apply for planning permission and fire certificates to split the building up before anyone could move in so you'll see that on the county council website a few weeks before any work starts.

Castlebar Town Council still the planning authority there?

building control, including Fire Certification, dealt wity by County Council

• Registered Users Posts: 1,541 ✭✭✭Dudda

nuac wrote: »
    Castlebar Town Council still the planning authority there?

building control, including Fire Certification, dealt wity by County Council

Sorry ya the town council for planning and county for fire.

As for the TK Maxx rumour it was mentioned on Castlebar.ie back in 2009 along with Boots and other brands coming to Castlebar and mentioned again in November 2012. In the list it and KFC are the that never came.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,373 ✭✭✭Westernyelp

Why would anyone set up a campaign to have TK Maxx come to Castlebar?! do we really need another multinational merchant selling crap and under cutting struggling Small businesses?

• Registered Users Posts: 968 ✭✭✭the_pits

Why would anyone set up a campaign to have TK Maxx come to Castlebar?! do we really need another multinational merchant selling crap and under cutting struggling Small businesses?

So what about Aldi and Lidl ....are you against them too

the_pits wrote: »
    So what about Aldi and Lidl ....are you against them too

Nope, but if the never arrived It wouldn't bother me. Just wondering why people would be so exercised about having a TK Maxx in town. they are hardly anything special.

• Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭Rose35

whats wrong with having a bit of variety in the town, the more shops the better i say, bit of competition never did any harm.

Rose35 wrote: »
    whats wrong with having a bit of variety in the town, the more shops the better i say, bit of competition never did any harm.

i see the shop on the bottom of main street opposite elverys has sale agreed up but that could be up for moths.

• Advertisement

i see the shop on the bottom of main street opposite elverys has sale agreed up but that could be up for moths.

Think the VEC or whatever they are called now are going in there

• Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭Rose35

Hope Awear can weather the storm .......... love that shop

Rose35 wrote: »
    Hope Awear can weather the storm .......... love that shop

I have heard that it is one of their better performing shops (at least it was last year) so hopefully the jobs are safe

Think the VEC or whatever they are called now are going in there

its hardly big enough for a college?

its hardly big enough for a college?

For the Admin side of things

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭Castlebar12

For adult training courses I think

Advertisement