Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Get well soon Jimmy Harte

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,422 ✭✭✭Avns1s

I agree that it's shocking and I also wish Mr. Harte a speedy recovery to full health, but the article refers to a tragic accident so no assault or assailants.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭Maldesu

Poor ol' Jimmy. Lived up the road from me years back. Heard that earlier on, but so far there are no assailants. Your article suggests it was from a fall. Hope he recovers fully.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,625 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Apologies, I actually posted the link to the article without reading it fully.

I had heard it on the radio on the way to work tonight, and just assumed the way he had been found lying in the street at 3am, that he had been assaulted.

Anyway, my thoughts and prayers are with him and his family.

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭Robert2012

Gardai have ruled out foul play....Hope he recovers from this..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 222 ✭✭Kinzig

Best of luck to the guy, always remember going in to pay him for my car insurance once and told him that I was there earlier and he wasnt open so had to come back..he threw me back 20 notes for petrol:)..always thought it was a sound gesture..hope he makes a speedy and full recovery..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 46,101 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Is echo the previous sentiments in wishing Jimmy a speedy and full recovery.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Patty O Furniture

Same here, i was told by someone who was out at the motor show in l'kenny today that he was assaulted by maybe the same guy who hit Bertie & thought that was crazy!

That's until i saw this thread, as i had to see it myself the truth behind it, just looks like an unfortunate accident that happened :o

Any update on Jimmy?

I haven't heard anything recently but Highland Radio had this short piece about a month ago which is very positive thankfully.

Jimmy has been moved to Letterkenny general hospital which in itself is a positive step but according to this article he remains in a serious condition. Hopefully he makes a full recovery in the near future.

• Advertisement

Yeah heard that on Highland yesterday. Hope he makes progress.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭Maldesu

Seems poor Jimmy has been transferred back to Dublin after having a bad weekend according to this. He's not having an easy time of it but hopefully Beaumont will get him sorted.

• Registered Users Posts: 41,066 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

I was just wondering - Is he recovered?

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

Advertisement