Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Minor upgrades to my PC

Options
  • 16-11-2013 9:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 37

Alright so I'm getting a set of new case fans for my PC and want to get a new case too. My current one is getting really stuffy inside even when fans are working hard and I just wanna get rid of it, it was cheap enough anyway.

Can someone recommend a good case for me? Preferably black and €100 at most. It should be as big as the Cooltek antiphon black (my current case) and well ventilated...thanks

when am I upgrading: Christmas
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,242 ✭✭✭Moon54

The Fractal Design Define R4 is on my wish-list for my next case upgrade @ approx €100.
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Fractal-Design-Define-R4-Case/dp/B008NFWNFO/

It's a very quiet case while still keeping components cool, see Amazon reviews.
    Might be worth looking at.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 Brian OH 99

Cheers! My GPU is also running very hot when playing Ultra on BF4 and Arma 2 / 3....can I replace its heatsink and fans? I have the Sapphire HD 7870 XT Boost...it's running 85 degrees on games and is very very load when that hot..I'll go up around 50-70 euro for the new heatsink.

I was thinking getting this?
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Arctic-Cooling-Accelero-Xtreme-III/dp/B007YLUCKQ/ref=sr_1_sc_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1384719872&sr=8-1-spell&keywords=Accelero+Xtream

I heard if your idle temps were 50*C they become 30, and playing Cyrsis 3 on Ultra runs at 55*C.....the guy who said that on the review also said he has a stuffy case...like me. If I get this heatsink I probably won't need a new case considering how I only wanna new case for a cooler GPU. Also I heard its dead silent...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,299 ✭✭✭✭BloodBath

Your cheapest option would be to tidy up your cables in your current case and to add 2 additional fans to it. Also move the hdd/ssd to a position where it blocks the front intake fans the least.

A 120 mm intake on the bottom and a second 120mm exhaust on the top should improve your temps a fair bit.

The antiphon is a good case but like most budget cases it doesn't have great stock cooling performance. It came with 3 fans right?

Thanks - yep the antiphon came with three loud enough fans...at normal speed they're ninja quiet but don't blow much air in at all...when gaming and I make them go fast, they sound like a hovercraft...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,299 ✭✭✭✭BloodBath

That's the problem with most cases to be honest. Even a lot of the higher end ones come with poor enough fans. Nanoxia are the only company I've seen that make both good cases and good fans. Maybe Antec back in the day but they really don't make good cases anymore.

Corsair as well I guess.

• Advertisement

Alright, thanks!

p.s: Like you said those fans will be back in stock in a week and a bit. I'll get them then.

Advertisement