Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

best printer for refilling toner?

Options
  • 16-11-2013 10:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 720 ✭✭✭

hi, so as the heading says what is the best printer for refilling the toner cart?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,327 ✭✭✭jetsonx

Technically, there is none. Manufacturers do not want you to refill their cartridges.

Toners are not designed to be refilled.

You might be better off searching Google / Ebay for a cheap new one instead of a refill.

There is also somebody who has raided their office stationary cupboard and sells some of their
    loot on Ebay. Good for the savvy Ebay consumer but not so good for company who has an office thief
    in the midst.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 anne9876anne

Does anyone know any company that will refill cartridges for a RICOH AFICIO SPC231N printer. They are very expensive to buy online or even ebay.
    Hope someone can help

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭Teagwee

I have refilled the toner cartridge for my HP1018 (black only) a few times with very little bother. I bought a kit online that included a gadget for burning a hole in the cartridge and then inserting the powder. Now, I just buy the refill powder on its own - works perfectly. My printer is a few years old, so not sure how newer models work but it's perfectly do-able in my experience.

Advertisement