Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Orb

Options
  • 16-11-2013 10:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭

Does anyone know if there are going to be any tickets on the door for the orb in the button factory tonight.Is it properly sold out?
    Thanks in hope

Comments

electronic wrote: »
    Does anyone know if there are going to be any tickets on the door for the orb in the button factory tonight.Is it properly sold out?
    Thanks in hope

It was posted on facebook that there'd be a limited amount at the door. Doors open 11, you might want to get there earlier though!

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭Saruwatari

Missed half the main set cos I had to grab a Nitelink. Can't believe they took so long coming on.

So many gob****es moving back and forth to the bar, are they to drink and enjoy the spacey musics?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,138 ✭✭✭dinneenp

how was the gig, what materical did they play etc.?
    Would loved to have seen them but too many gigs on at the moment (was at The National last Sunday, travelling back to Dublin again today for They Might Be Giants)

• Registered Users Posts: 14 jdubbleya

dinneenp wrote: »
    how was the gig, what materical did they play etc.?
    Would loved to have seen them but too many gigs on at the moment (was at The National last Sunday, travelling back to Dublin again today for They Might Be Giants)

Hi dineenp, I was there. It was packed, many got turned away.

It was way beyond expectation, I'd not seen them live before. A gentle start with classic logo on screen warped and morphed across so many classics adding smatterings of samples from more recent albums like orbsessions and the orbserver. Lots of basslines and percussion that I'd never heard before. seemed to build and build with the room just loving every minute of it. The on screen action was as you might expect. The screen a little small but constantly entertaining. Star 6&7,8,9 a special moment as was blue room, towers of dub, majestic and little fluffy clouds, none of which stayed as an original with an obvious club mix style being churned out. There were a few moments where the timing was slightly off in delivery but this just confirmed how "live" the set was.

It was hot, stinky, lots of 😊's and dodgy 'taches and
    an old school vibe - just sheer class!

Advertisement