Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

VPN Setup.

• 16-11-2013 10:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭

Hi all

I am trying to create a VPN Connection from my Windows XP Pro Laptop to my Windows 7 Ultimate Desktop. I want the Win 7 PC to act as the VPN and connect to it from the Win xp pc. This will be done with in a internal home network. I have looked at numerous Video's and followed them Step by Step. I am looking to use PPTP Port and have enabled Port 1723 on my Router. I will also check this on the Firewall. Connection does not appear to work for me. I get Error 800 and 807. Not sure if I am missing out on something. Want to know is there any good source I can get information on. Google obviously would be a good source but I am not finding anything that is working for me.

I have absolutely no problem mapping the Hard Drives in my Desktop PC to my Laptop PC. This is bugging me and I do not want it to get the better of me.

Regards

Colm

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. G

Wwindows 7's vpn feature doesn't always work correctly. Have you tried connecting from inside that network? I know it was a bit convoluted and ended up going for OpenVPN which is a lot more stable.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,073 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

If you're talking about only using a home network, why not use Remote Desktop Connection? It's easy to set up, all you need to do to let it work from an XP machine is enable Remote Desktop Connections without Network Level Authentication. Saves you faffing with ports and all the rest of it.

Advertisement