Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Christmas day lunch

Options
  • 16-11-2013 10:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hi, was wondering if anyone knows if there is any hotel or restaurants that do Christmas day lunch in Sligo town or County Sligo? Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭easkey

I think Sligo Park have a Christmas Dinner.

Pearse Road, Sligo

P: +353 (0)71 9190400

E: sligo@leehotels.com

• Registered Users Posts: 2,534 ✭✭✭Radharc na Sleibhte

Don't the Radisson do it? They certainly used to.

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭lfcjfc

I have been looking into this too and would also be interested in people's experience/opinions.
    The Radisson does a Christmas lunch - the menu is on their website. Has anybody been to the Radisson for Christmas lunch in previous years?
    Kilronan Castle also does Christmas lunch - may suit people in some parts of the county.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 flipper36

The Radisson is charging 70quid per person which is very steep and the sligo park only do dinner for residents. I'm trying to find a place too but not to much luck!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,012 ✭✭✭Plazaman

:eek: €70

OK I know they have to pay Staff a few bob extra to work Christmas Day but for that money I'd want a yard of ale with my dinner or a nice leggy female Santy to sit on my lap and tell me what she wants for Paddys Day.

Edit : Just had a read of the menu. I suppose not a bad price after all for a 6 course meal and no washing up. Still I'd miss the gentle whoosh of the fire extinguisher that is often prevalent in my house on Christmas Day.

• Advertisement

lol yea i know, have been onto the fitzwilliam and they are booked out but will put your name down in case of any cancellations.unfortunately for the raddison my poor mother will prob only manage a bit of her starter and main as she cant do big meals lol

• Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Plazaman wrote: »
    :eek: €70

OK I know they have to pay Staff a few bob extra to work Christmas Day but for that money I'd want a yard of ale with my dinner or a nice leggy female Santy to sit on my lap and tell me what she wants for Paddys Day.

Edit : Just had a read of the menu. I suppose not a bad price after all for a 6 course meal and no washing up. Still I'd miss the gentle whoosh of the fire extinguisher that is often prevalent in my house on Christmas Day.

Christmas Day is at least double pay in most places. Considering there would be the Chefs, KPs, Waiting Staff, Bar Staff, etc etc, 70 yoyo is quite reasonable.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,534 ✭✭✭Radharc na Sleibhte

flipper36 wrote: »
    lol yea i know, have been onto the fitzwilliam and they are booked out but will put your name down in case of any cancellations.unfortunately for the raddison my poor mother will prob only manage a bit of her starter and main as she cant do big meals lol

Maybe im half asleep, wheres the fitzwilliam?

• Registered Users Posts: 556 ✭✭✭Carson10

Is the Celtic tiger back? for one day only :D

lol sorry Fitzwilliam is in claremorris, had to do a bit of a search outside sligo

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭Rose35

flipper36 wrote: »
    lol sorry Fitzwilliam is in claremorris, had to do a bit of a search outside sligo

McWilliam Park Hotel is the correct name of the hotel in claremorris

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭janja

Holy God 70 is very reasonable anywhere I have tried in Dublin is 150 - 165 Euro and fully booked

mc William .....my error. Baby brain has kicked in;)

Advertisement