Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Moped on full car licence?

• 17-11-2013 1:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,116 ✭✭✭

Can I dive a honda 50 on a car license?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Cedrus

job seeker wrote: »
    Can I dive a honda 50 on a car license?

Thanks

No. A Honda 50 is not a car.

If you only have a B licence you can only drive a car/small van. If you have a licence with AM, A1, A2 you are covered to ride a honda 50 (or more as you go up the scale. Older licencees would have the As automatically but anyone getting a more recent B licence would have to have done a separate A test.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,637 ✭✭✭brightspark

• Registered Users Posts: 5,116 ✭✭✭job seeker

Cedrus wrote: »
    No. A Honda 50 is not a car.

If you only have a B licence you can only drive a car/small van. If you have a licence with AM, A1, A2 you are covered to ride a honda 50 (or more as you go up the scale. Older licencees would have the As automatically but anyone getting a more recent B licence would have to have done a separate A test.

Thanks. :(

I only have my licence since last may.

Shucks, I really want a scooter or motorbike.. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭LaurzH27

What categories have you on your licence. If you have AM then you can drive a moped. However, if you only completed your test last year then you probably only have B,W. You will need to complete a DTT in A category

• Registered Users Posts: 5,116 ✭✭✭job seeker

LaurzH27 wrote: »
    What categories have you on your licence. If you have AM then you can drive a moped. However, if you only completed your test last year then you probably only have B,W. You will need to complete a DTT in A category

Ya, that's all I have got. :(

There doesn't seem to be any test center near where I live. Like if I went and done the theory test, I'd want to plan ahead to do the practical test. But it seems way to far away from where I live. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭scoobydoobie

a moped up to 50cc with a maximum design speed of 45 km/hour,
    Doesn't sound like a lot, surely all bikes would go faster than that, also the word moped, i don't think of honda 50s being mopeds, so would that exclude those? only difference being manual gears.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,031 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

a moped up to 50cc with a maximum design speed of 45 km/hour,
    Doesn't sound like a lot, surely all bikes would go faster than that, also the word moped, i don't think of honda 50s being mopeds, so would that exclude those? only difference being manual gears.

Moped is a classification of bike. Honda 50, and Vespa or the Japanese twist and goes, are step through or scooters. You can have proper bike styled mopeds. Unless you're living solely in the centre of a big city, Dublin isn't, you would be mad to get a moped.

On the continent most countries used to allow people ride mopeds at 14 with no licence or test, they then moved to requiring a licence, but with the new standard EU licence that's now done away with.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭chrismon

Remember you will need to do IBT when you get your permit after finishing your theory test!

Advertisement