Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Nespresso Machine - Tesco

• 17-11-2013 3:20am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 434 ✭✭

Worth it or not?

Mrs Boffin was drawn to these machines in Tesco earlier like a moth to a flame.

It looks like she will get the use out of it.

My concern is the refills, is this something that will be stocked for a few months and then no chance of buying them anywhere.

Is Tesco the best place to buy them or are there online sites that sell in bulk etc?

Any advice appreciated!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,747 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

Order the capsules online or by phone... they do delivery. Otherwise they are available in Brown Thomas. Tesco may sell the machine, but its unlikely they sell the coffee.

As for the Nespresso, it's great. I swear by it. I used to have a Gaggia with a steamer & the Nespresso is far better. Better coffee, hassle free & you don't need to be a barista to get a good cup. They've been around for decades & I doubt they'll be going anywhere soon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭Staplor

You can only buy capsules in bt dublin and cork, the delivery service is good though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 147 ✭✭houseplant

Which one op? What price are they selling them?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 434 ✭✭TheBoffin

Which one op? What price are they selling them?

I am not 100% sure, they has 2 models one was €60ish and one was €80ish, best to check your local Tesco.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

Nespresso or senseo?
    Might be worth double checking which pod system.

• Advertisement

Nespresso or senseo?
    Might be worth double checking which pod system.

Yea i think ill pop out tomorrow and take another look. I dont think the information sunk in yesterday lol.

Let me know what you find... I need to buy a Nespresso as a present & €60-80 sounds like a deal...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭Staplor

My espresso pot hasn't been taken out since I got the nespresso. Getting the milk frother is handy too.

This is one of them, its €119.99 here but its €70 in store.

This is another one which is €129.00 online but €89.99 in store.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭Zimmerframe

Thats not a Nespresso m8, don't think Tesco do them at all but as you mentioned the word, I personally would get a Nespresso machine.
    Coffee works out apporox 40c a pop and the capsules can be ordered online with free delivery.

• Advertisement

Thats not a Nespresso m8, don't think Tesco do them at all but as you mentioned the word, I personally would get a Nespresso machine.
    Coffee works out apporox 40c a pop and the capsules can be ordered online with free delivery.

My above post could be the biggest load of cr@p, I just looked on the tesco site to find machines that look remotely like what I saw. I will take a proper look again in store. What made me say nespresso was they had the pods alongside the machines... Really confusing me now :)

Nothing really wrong with your post m8, they are all "pod" type machines, and like everything it's down to personal taste. For me, the best "pod" type coffee are the Nespresso pods, which use these type of machines.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Magimix-Nespresso-Automatic-Coffee-Maker/dp/B008TQTVCK/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&qid=1384696562&sr=8-6&keywords=nespresso

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,572 ✭✭✭Skill Magill

Looks to be the same as this one for stg£45 + €3.50 delivery parcel motel.
    These do not use nespresso pods be warned

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 665 ✭✭✭philthrill69

[/quote]
    This is another one which is €129.00 online but €89.99 in store.[/quote]
    That is not a good deal, it's €79.99 in Argos and that's not even on sale.
    http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/4238861/Trail/searchtext%3ETASSIMO.htm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 505 ✭✭✭Koptain Liverpool

My girlfriend recently got a Krups nespresso machine. I'm not a huge fan of it to be honest. Yes the coffee it makes tastes great but the espresso pods produce a tiny cup of coffee. I know its the same size as an espresso in a cafe but its too small for me. In addition it doesn't come out overly hot and becomes cold very quickly. I'm still using our stove top coffee pot more often as a result

I'd recommened you go for a machine with the traditional scoop instead of capsules. You might pay a bit more but I reckon it would be worth it in the long run.

My girlfriend recently got a Krups nespresso machine. I'm not a huge fan of it to be honest. Yes the coffee it makes tastes great but the espresso pods produce a tiny cup of coffee. I know its the same size as an espresso in a cafe but its too small for me. In addition it doesn't come out overly hot and becomes cold very quickly. I'm still using our stove top coffee pot more often as a result.

The machine produces an espresso shot... You can also produce a lungo, which has more water, or mix it with milk as is intended for this type of coffee - Nespresso have a great little milk heating machine called an Aeroccino...

As for a proper barista machine... I've had one & it gave me a pain in my hole. It takes too much time to make a cup, you need to buy fresh beans constantly, there is a skill to using one & the results are inconsistent unless you put allot of effort into learning it. For real coffee people that's fine, but for the average person who likes a nice coffee, the Nespresso is ideal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 666 ✭✭✭Prisoner6409

A proper barista machine is IMO well worth the time spent learning to get it right. There is no doubt a steep learning curve but this can be quite enjoyable. The satisfaction you get when you eventually produce your first good cup of espresso/cappuccino/latte ect is priceless. You also have a much bigger selection of coffee to choose from and typically the coffee you can use is the freshest you can get. There is however a financial concern as to do this properly you do need a good grinder with the machine. You must also be sure to get a machine capable of pulling a good shot. Not all machines are equal, do your research(plenty of good info on this forum) and enjoy your coffee, as one of my coffee suppliers says, life is too short for bad coffee.

Naturally barista machines, grinders etc. will do a better job, but for most of us, it's more trouble than it's worth.
    For people who want a "decent" cup of coffee, and like me only want to "push a button", it's hard to beat the Nespresso.

Or you could just get a bean to cup machine and enjoy fresh coffee.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,084 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

My girlfriend recently got a Krups nespresso machine. I'm not a huge fan of it to be honest. Yes the coffee it makes tastes great but the espresso pods produce a tiny cup of coffee. I know its the same size as an espresso in a cafe but its too small for me. In addition it doesn't come out overly hot and becomes cold very quickly. I'm still using our stove top coffee pot more often as a result

I'd recommened you go for a machine with the traditional scoop instead of capsules. You might pay a bit more but I reckon it would be worth it in the long run.

I like espressos and Mrs BeepBeep likes a longer cup, so I make her either a small cup half hot water and 1 shot (we've named this a minicano :)) or a tall cup with half hot water and 2 shots, everyone's happy!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 445 ✭✭ben101

Argos have this on sale
    http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/4235905.htm
    Might pick it up at this price .Have a little mocha pot though which would be hard to beat even by some of the expensive machines.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,643 ✭✭✭sillysocks

My girlfriend recently got a Krups nespresso machine. I'm not a huge fan of it to be honest. Yes the coffee it makes tastes great but the espresso pods produce a tiny cup of coffee

On the Nespresso machines you can set each button to make whatever amount of water you want tk come out. We never do espressos so just have both buttons set for this tell sizes of cups/mugs we have in the house.

sillysocks wrote: »
    On the Nespresso machines you can set each button to make whatever amount of water you want tk come out. We never do espressos so just have both buttons set for this tell sizes of cups/mugs we have in the house.

Over extraction not a issue?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,042 ✭✭✭zl1whqvjs75cdy

Not a massive nesspresso fan I must admit (I realise you didn't ask this). Does anyone else find that the coffee doesn't taste strong enough or something? I dunno maybe I'm just dying to be a coffee snob.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,643 ✭✭✭sillysocks

Well we would normally buy the lungo pods, and would use medium to strong pods so don't find it gets too weak.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,157 ✭✭✭srsly78

Noone has mentioned that the pods are insanely expensive? This is the main downside!!!

Advertisement