Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do i need to give notice to leave my job ?

Options
  • 17-11-2013 10:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi all,

I have worked for my current employer for 6 weeks and have not signed a contract. I am on probation until christmas.

However, I have decided that i have no option but to leave my job, following a meeting with my manager last week, whereby I have seen a side of her that made me realise that I could not continue working for her.

Do i need to give a weeks notice, as no contract has been signed ?

Your advice would be welcome, as I plan to speak with her tomorrow and would prefer to be equipped with the facts first.

Many thanks M:(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭Corkbah

if you are not seeking a reference you can always quit and walk away.

can you work out your differences with this person ?

I think general rule of thumb is if you are paid weekly you give a minimum of a weeks notice.

if you feel its not working out and want to get a reference - simply tell the manager that its not working out or you have been offered a position elsewhere etc

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,304 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Advertisement