Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Google+ help please

Options
  • 17-11-2013 10:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,778 ✭✭✭

I can't work out the correct place to post asking for help on this subject so please move if in the wrong place.

During recent password recovery ops that I've done I seem to have gotten lost in the maze of creating an overall Google+ account. Now it's asking me to create a gmail address to go with it. I don't bloody want one. I just want to get into my usual one but no sleight of hand appears to bring me to the usual gmail log in screen just the google+ spiderweb create a gmail account. :mad:

Can anyone help me with this please, I don't want to lose my original gmail address/account.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭advertsfox

I can't work out the correct place to post asking for help on this subject so please move if in the wrong place.

During recent password recovery ops that I've done I seem to have gotten lost in the maze of creating an overall Google+ account. Now it's asking me to create a gmail address to go with it. I don't bloody want one. I just want to get into my usual one but no sleight of hand appears to bring me to the usual gmail log in screen just the google+ spiderweb create a gmail account. :mad:

Can anyone help me with this please, I don't want to lose my original gmail address/account.
    Your original Gmail account IS a Google+ account. Go to plus.google.com and it may ask you to resign in, that's normal Google behaviour so do so and then it will ask you to setup your new profile for Google+.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,778 ✭✭✭up for anything

Did as you suggested. I was already signed in, set up my profile and still can't get into gmail - it still wants me to set up a new gmail account. This is so stupid. I already had one of those google facebook like accounts that sat up top of my gmail that I never used. I'm so confused I could scream. All I want to do is access my regular gmail account. Still :mad::mad::mad: I need to print out flight tickets and also follow up on some work.

ETA: I signed out and when I try to sign back in the only option is the google+ account that won't let me access my gmail. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭advertsfox

Did as you suggested. I was already signed in, set up my profile and still can't get into gmail - it still wants me to set up a new gmail account. This is so stupid. I already had one of those google facebook like accounts that sat up top of my gmail that I never used. I'm so confused I could scream. All I want to do is access my regular gmail account. Still :mad::mad::mad: I need to print out flight tickets and also follow up on some work.

ETA: I signed out and when I try to sign back in the only option is the google+ account that won't let me access my gmail. :(
    Is this an @gmail.com address or do you have your own account you sign in with (eg. john@smith.com)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,778 ✭✭✭up for anything

It's an @gmail.com address.

Managed to sort it. Where it said sign in with a different account it give you the option to remove account. I wasn't sure whether this would remove everything. However, it just removes the current account temporarily so I got to sign in with my old address.

It's all very unclear though. Logged back in to the new google account which I seem to have created to delete it and the delete options are clear as mud in some ways. Difficult to tell if I go for the delete everything option whether it just applies to that account or will it delete everything.

Advertisement