Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Price Quotes for Slate/Roof Timberwork Labour

Options
  • 17-11-2013 11:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 21

Hi everybody,
    It s been a while a while since i ve a priced a house for labour,but what quote should I charge reasonably for labour for timberwork and slating for a 2 storey A gable house, 15m long by 10m wide,35% roof pitch which includes ceiling joists with runners and hangers, 80 rafters, plus purlins propped in gable walls and from load bearing walls.The area of roof is 200 m squared which would take about 2 770 tegral slates.There would be 1 velux window.There would be 2 chimneys flush with gable wall at each end.The sunroom would be 5.5m long by 6.5 m wide roughly,again an A roof butting into main gable of 2 storey with roof area 50m squared taking about 700 tegral slates with rafters and collars to make a vaulted ceiliing.The house will be scaffolded but i will have to scaffold with trestles on the main roof for ridge and probably kwik stage scaffold for sunroom ridge.
    I would greatly appreciate to hear from fellow chippys and roof slaters with what quotes they would think be reasonable in this current climate.
    Kind Regards,
    Clarechippy

"Miss the days of a good honest weeks work in the trade"mad.png

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,304 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

• Registered Users Posts: 21 clarechippy

Hi Spear can i move my thread to that forum or is that possible,new to this :(
    KInd Regards

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,304 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

It's not possible for users to move their own threads.

Ok thanks ill just have to re write it again in Construction Forum

You can just copy and paste from your original post here. No need to retype the lot.

• Advertisement

Cheers Spear, as you can see im not too technical with computers ,just the basics :(

Advertisement