Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Home Ec

• 17-11-2013 12:32pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 91 ✭✭

I'm in sixth year and doing home ec. In class we use Lifelines, we just work from the book with no notes though. I'm attempting to make my own notes to learn from, I'm really unsure of what i need to know.

I'm using Lifelines, Less Stress More Success and skoool.ie for this, but there is such a difference in what information each source has on a topic. For example milk: Lifelines has 4 in depth pages, including things like milk legislation and a full description of how milk is processed (pasteurisation, sterilisation, UHT, evaporated, condensed and dried). In Less Stress More Success it cuts out how milk is processed, only having the effects of each process, and there's nothing on spoilage or legislation. On skoool.ie, again it seems to be in much less detail and cuts out sections that are in Lifelines.

Does anyone actually know if there's a definitive list of what is required to know? Do I need to know everything in Lifelines or am I better off using a different source?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1 aoibh225

what school book are you using? I wouldn't use less stress more success revise wise is much better. look through the past papers and see what questions there are and just learn the answers the same questions are used over and over.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 306 ✭✭A7XGirl

Stick to Lifeline rather than making notes from summary books. Lifeline has more to offer and includes every little detail that you need. The summary books are just good for revision.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 91 ✭✭missguided

aoibh225 wrote: »
    what school book are you using? I wouldn't use less stress more success revise wise is much better. look through the past papers and see what questions there are and just learn the answers the same questions are used over and over.

The Revise Wise for home ec has basically the same as Lifelines, it's copied out in a more condensed version.

Advertisement