Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ulster Bank Card Reader internet banking security device? in Perth

Options
  • 17-11-2013 1:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭

I guess this is a bit of a long shot,but Has anyone in the Perth area got a Ulster Bank Card reader internet banking security device?

Its a device like the Rabo code generator for online security with Ulsterbank
    you do need it if you want to make a payment online.

I need to arrange a Payment to Currency fair in pretty short notice and can't complete the transaction without this.

If someone has one this could potentially save me a lot of annoyance...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Marcusm

They are unique for each user so I can't see that borrowing anyone else's will help. Sorry.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭tigerballs

Are you Absolutely sure about that?

I thought the unique aspect of this was the Registration pin which is unique to each customer not the device used to generate the pin

I did find the company that makes them http://healthcare-eid.ingenico.com/en/Press-Releases-releases.aspx?card=750

Xi-Sign 4000 uses the EMV card for all security functions and cryptographic calculations. No key or secret is stored in the Xi-Sign, which is therefore not personalized with user data and so is very easy to manage: no secure transport, replacement when lost.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭ballooba

I've used my AIB reader for Ulster Bank and vice versa. Try and see of any of the Aussie banks use the same readers.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭tigerballs

Problem solved .online banking over the phone.... Ulsterbank were surprisingly helpful with this..

• Registered Users Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Marcusm

Seems like I was definitely wrong; well that's odd. I have had to get mine recalibrated and understood they were personal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭ballooba

It's certainly not the case for AIB. Go have a look in a branch some day and you will see that there is a public card reader next to the public internet banking kiosk. Although given this is the Aus forum, probably not all that many are in an AIB branch too often.

Advertisement