Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Coffee in car

• 17-11-2013 3:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭

I normally have breakfast in work but like a coffee in the car to get me going and keep hunger away until I get to work.

Can anyone recommend a cup to use in the car. The main requirement is that I don't want a big coffee stain on my shirt when I get to work.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Wigsy

Bigcheeze wrote: »
    I normally have breakfast in work but like a coffee in the car to get me going and keep hunger away until I get to work.

Can anyone recommend a cup to use in the car. The main requirement is that I don't want a big coffee stain on my shirt when I get to work.
    Contigo autoseal is perfect. It is stainless steel inside which keeps coffee hot. The lid seals in a vacuum with press release so will not spill. I picked up mine in Avoca.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,876 ✭✭✭Scortho

Second the contigo. Great travel mug. While they're pricy, I've had mine for the last 3 years and it hasn't spilled a drop.
    It's in daily use as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,035 ✭✭✭yellow hen

Do you recall the price of the contigo? Does anyone else find that the inside of coffee cups stink after a while and the 'smell' can be tasted in your drink?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

yellow hen wrote: »
    Do you recall the price of the contigo? Does anyone else find that the inside of coffee cups stink after a while and the 'smell' can be tasted in your drink?

The smell tends to come from the plastic liner/lid, hence why an all-stainless interior and exterior cup is better (such as the Contigo).
    You can get the Contigo or Thermos all steel cups on Amazon UK for around GBP 20-25.

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭dantastic

I have a Bodum plunger mug. Stainless steel.

One problem I have with it I didn't consider when I bought it first is it keeps the coffee too hot. Yea, the insulating properties are too good. I have to wait 30min before I can touch the coffee.

This might be fine for you but I want to be able to start drinking a bit quicker :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,876 ✭✭✭Scortho

dantastic wrote: »
    I have a Bodum plunger mug. Stainless steel.

One problem I have with it I didn't consider when I bought it first is it keeps the coffee too hot. Yea, the insulating properties are too good. I have to wait 30min before I can touch the coffee.

This might be fine for you but I want to be able to start drinking a bit quicker :)

Let your hot water cool for a few seconds longer/have it go into the mug at drinking temperature

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 636 ✭✭✭Bucklesman

I have to plug the aul Primus commuter mug in stainless steel. Beautiful device; you can flip it upside-down in a bag and it won't spill. One day I didn't have time to drink my coffee before work and it was still hot eight hours later. Dead handy to clean with no inaccessible areas.

I had the plastic version before this one. It doesn't insulate as well and won't take any abuse.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Primus-Commuter-Mug-Stainless-Steel/dp/B001E3GOPC/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1384877257&sr=8-1&keywords=primus+commuter+mug

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,370 ✭✭✭nc6000

Scortho wrote: »
    Let your hot water cool for a few seconds longer/have it go into the mug at drinking temperature

Or you could spend £120 on this cool Kitchen Aid kettle with an adjustable temperature setting. I'd love this as I don't actually let my kettle boil when making coffee with my Aeropress, I knock it off early or if it does boil I leave it for a while before using the water.

http://www.johnlewis.com/kitchenaid-artisan-kettle/p429644

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,035 ✭✭✭yellow hen

Just bought the contigo autoseal on eBay €18. Thank you for the recommendation!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 665 ✭✭✭philthrill69

I'm thinking about ordering this one it looks really decent, I know there's only 4 reviews but they are all 5 stars.
    Anyone have any experience with it?
    I suppose I have nothing to lose at €12.

• Advertisement
Advertisement