Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

iPad 1 question

• 17-11-2013 3:08pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 561 ✭✭✭

So we've had the iPad 1 for over 2 years now. 2 months ago the original charging cable broke so I got one on eBay. However within the last 2 weeks we've been getting the error: 'Charging is not supported with this accessory'
    Now today it just won't charge constantly getting this error message. I have tried a few cables lying around but I get the same error.
    I assume the warranty is gone on the iPad? Any ways to fix this?
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,061 ✭✭✭OU812

What version iOS have you?

iOS 7 detects a third party cable. It'll still charge, just really slowly.

An original cable will be detected as such & you won't get the warning but it'll cost you the guts of €30

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,583 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

OU812 wrote: »

An original cable will be detected as such & you won't get the warning but it'll cost you the guts of €30

iPad 1st gen can't run iOS 7 so it's not that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 561 ✭✭✭Dazza

OU812 wrote: »

It's still on ios 5.1.1

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,679 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Is it plugged into the wall?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 434 ✭✭TheBoffin

ipad requires a higher wattage charger than your average iphone charger which are commonly advertised on ebay. Some ipads will charge but at a slower rate and will damage the battery over time.

Give these guys a shout, they should be able to provide an authentic charger

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 561 ✭✭✭Dazza

Is it plugged into the wall?

Hi
    Yes it's plugged into the wall.
    Also when plugged into pc it says 'Not Charging'

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭kristok 2

Dazza wrote: »
    Hi
    Yes it's plugged into the wall.
    Also when plugged into pc it says 'Not Charging'

Check the plug you have has 10w. Your computer probably won't have 10w USB port unless you've a more recent mac if it says not charging you can just turn the screen off and it will charge but very slowly as it's only getting 5w. I found cheap cables had issues charging my ipad 1 over time and had to dig out the real apple cables and 10w charger.

Advertisement