Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The BBC Four Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

dasdog wrote: »
    It's really excellent but I'm pretty sure the BBC showed an edited version of this at 1h 15m per episode. After missing a couple I got them through other means and watched the remaining episodes all 1h 45m.

The version sold to the international market is 60 x 10, I'll guess the stuff we didn't get is focused on the domestic front which is a pity if so.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,688 ✭✭✭brian_t

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭fmul9798

Great that it's coming back. Throughly enjoyed it so far

Apart from Detectorists this week is mainly Russian Revolutions from 9 PM

Forgot to say League of Gentleman is running from the start on BBC Four after Detectorists. It'll be back for three new episodes on BBC Two.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭BoroMan32

Great to see Detectorists back, best thing on television in recent years.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

Detectorists.
    Sublime.
    The only show I know where 30 minutes seems to fly by in five.

Nice touch to go back through the ages and of course see just how close they were stood to a treasure trove. The detectorist meeting was hilarious.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

hard to describe the detectorists ,very relaxing and funny

• Registered Users Posts: 43,880 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Nekarsulm wrote: »
    Detectorists.
    Sublime.

Had no bloody idea this was back.. god bless Trakt.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

The unathanks sang the tune at the end btw

• Registered Users Posts: 2,276 ✭✭✭Cheshire Cat

Thank you all for drawing my attention to Detectorists. I had never heard of it :o
    Currently watching Season 1 on Netflix and enjoying it thoroughly. Great music, too.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,880 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Great music, too.
    Yep.. if anything, it's drawn my attention to the brilliant Johnny Flynn - who sings the theme tune.

He appeared in brief cameo in an episode singing the theme tune, and is actually the lead actor in excellent Channel 4 / Netflix series "Love Sick" (or "Scrotal Recall" depending on whether you saw it on Channel 4).

Bloody talented lad!

• Registered Users Posts: 30,211 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

Nekarsulm wrote: »
    Detectorists.
    Sublime.

Did feel a bit short tonight :)

Always check your holes :pac:

Not as good last night, a lack of good quips and observations. Had a bit of a soap opera plot too with his not quite an ex turning up and the new girlfriend stuff.

I switched it on when the opening titles were starting. I missed Linda :(

That was the highlight :D - a nice touch I thought, esp as she was playing Andy's role in the scene, on the other side of a field.

According to DigiGuide Spiral is back on Saturday 30th December with the usual double bill.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,230 ✭✭✭bullpost

brian_t wrote: »
    According to DigiGuide Spiral is back on Saturday 30th December with the usual double bill.

Wow - that's great. Love this series.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,223 ✭✭✭Nate--IRL--

Anybody watched "Witnesses - A frozen death"?

Nate

• Advertisement

Seen part one, there is a thread for this programme somewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

Anybody watched "Witnesses - A frozen death"?

Nate

Watching it, could be very good, but the scene where a long scrapped bus bursts into flames with the detective under it stretches credibility waaaay beyond breaking point.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,588 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Here's the Witnesses thread:

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057466366&page=2

I really enjoyed the first two episodes. I'm looking forward to the next instalments.

Storyville at 9 PM - about the two Voyager probes.

I switched it on when the opening titles were starting. I missed Linda :(
    That was the highlight :D - a nice touch I thought, esp as she was playing Andy's role in the scene, on the other side of a field.

BBC4 are seeing in the New Year with an omnibus repeat of 6 episodes of Detectorists starting at 10pm Sunday 31st December.

Hopefully this is series 3 and I'll catch the bit I missed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭two wheels good

BBC4 are seeing in the New Year with an omnibus repeat of 6 episodes of Detectorists starting at 10pm Sunday 31st December.

Hopefully this is series 3 and I'll catch the bit I missed.

Same here.
    Seeing in the new year watching "Detectorists"? That would be different!

Thanks to posters on this thread for bringing the programme to my attention. Really enjoying it. Looking forward to getting my mitts on series 1 and 2 soon.
    One critical comment: Someone as meticulous as Lance would never tolerate his TR7 running on three cyls or a blowing exhaust.
    I want to see last night's drone returning to earth in slow-motion. Was it CGI?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,276 ✭✭✭Cheshire Cat

Just watched last night's episode of Detectorists. I loved the nod to the scene when the Amish build the barn in Witness. The only thing missing was Harrison Ford ;)

Spiral is back just after Christmas I think. Yay!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭alta stare

BBC 4 is a great channel it is definitely the one channel is enjoy watching after a days work......I usually end up staying up late watching all the Earth, Astronomy, Science programmes. Is there any plans for it to go 24hr?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,460 ✭✭✭Arthur Daley

BBC4 is superb. Possibly the greatest channel in TV anywhere. But in today's environment we are lucky if it's just left alone to broadcast away from 7pm to the small hours.

Advertisement