Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The BBC Four Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Patty O Furniture

brian_t wrote: »
    If anyone wants to watch the first series of Modus, BBC4 are repeating it in its graveyard slot the week after next.

Three episodes starting at 1.50am on Monday 19th Feb.
    Two episodes from 2.20am on Tuesday 20th.
    Two episodes from 2.15am on Wednesday 21st.
    And the last episode at 3.10am on Thursday 22nd.

I just noticed that S02 of Modus started tonite@9 with a double ep, will it repeat again if you watch S01 above?

Is it all subtitled & is Kim Catrall only in 1 ep?

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭dball

was it any good? does it need to be watched to appreciate? and are there similar /same characters in this season

• Registered Users Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

Only a few shots of Kim in the first episode. None in the second.
    You'd be playing catch up if you can't remember series 1

• Registered Users Posts: 798 ✭✭✭cobham

My skybox only recorded the second episode of Modus 🀔.
    We will have to watch out for glitches maybe due to winter olympics?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,464 ✭✭✭✭Alun

I have now reached the point where I can no longer remember which Scandi Noir I have seen or not.
    Me too, got halfway through the second episode of Modus Season 2 before I realised I'd watched season 1 at all!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,688 ✭✭✭brian_t

For anyone not watching Below the Surface, BBC4 announced after it that Salamander series 2 was coming soon.

Series one was first shown 4 years ago.
    I thought it got off to a good start when thieves stole the contents of 66 safe deposit boxes belonging to Belgium VIPs but to me it was fairly heavy going after that.

It will be interesting to see what day of the week BBC2 will show The Bridge.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Didn't mind Salamader as far as I can recall (do all Belgian imports feels the same as well?!).

• Registered Users Posts: 21,464 ✭✭✭✭Alun

I always find the acting a bit hammy on the Belgian imports, but that's probably because I speak Dutch. If you couldn't understand what they were saying and were just reading the subtitles it'd be different I suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

salamander started really well but went down hill rapidly

Watching Below the Surface. Is this a BBC4 repeat? I watched the same thing a couple of years ago, on some station or other.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭Marje

Nekarsulm wrote: »
    Watching Below the Surface. Is this a BBC4 repeat? I watched the same thing a couple of years ago, on some station or other.

Don't recall watching anything similar.

It's a bit of a slow burner, but I decided to stick with it. Ended good tonight. What did they see in the garage?

Don't understand (yet) why they want Naja Toft involved as much as they want her going by what happened near the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,098 ✭✭✭Bredabe

I know I've seen it before, I think it may have been on one of the channel 4's, late last years.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

RTE2 showed it on Friday evenings last October.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,588 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

There was a Below the Surface thread here:

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=105030630

Wasn't much interest in it at the time.

There was a Below the Surface thread here:

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=105030630

Wasn't much interest in it at the time.

I wasn't a fan, I didn't watch to the end and that unusual for me as I love subtitled thrillers.

Anyone know why Below the Surface isn't on tonight?

EDIT:
    Found an answer why
    Sad news to report. In light of yesterday’s terrorist attack and subsequent tragic hostage situation in France yesterday, BBC Four has pulled Danish thriller, Below The Surface, from tonight’s schedules. The Marion Cotillard film, Two Days, One Night, will take its place.

https://thekillingtimestv.wordpress.com/2018/03/24/bbc-four-pulls-below-the-surface-in-the-wake-of-french-terrorist-attack/

Marje wrote: »

Because of the violence in France this week, just heard it on continuity a minute ago.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

That's ridiculous.

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭ninja 12

I've been recording Below The Surface .

I usually wait until I have all episodes before watching a series like this.

It's a stupid decision to cancel tonights episodes.

I don't use twitter or Facebook but I found BBC Four's twitter account.

I don't see anybody on the BBC twitter feed agreeing with the decision to cancel.

https://twitter.com/BBCFOUR/status/977543267419152384

• Registered Users Posts: 7,390 ✭✭✭volchitsa

Damn, now Im going to miss it we will be away next weekend. Not sure if I can record it now I only have Sky as free to view, and am not in the UK so can't use Watch again.

I did wonder where it had gone!

• Advertisement

volchitsa wrote: »
    Damn, now Im going to miss it we will be away next weekend.!

:confused: You would have missed the last 2 episodes anyway. They will probably be on the following weekend - delaying the start of Salamander.

RTE Two is repeating Below the Surface late on Thursday night (2.30ish am) starting this week.

Off topic, but Channel 4's perverted decision to show the first 2 episodes of "13 Commandments" and then have the rest on some kind of cable based service is both cruel and unusual.....

Off topic, but Channel 4's perverted decision to show the first 2 episodes of "13 Commandments" and then have the rest on some kind of cable based service is both cruel and unusual.....
    Channel 4 often do this.
    I think the first example was the Spanish series Locked Up. They showed the first episode in May 2016 and have never shown another episode since.

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭ninja 12

brian_t wrote: »
    Channel 4 often do this.
    I think the first example was the Spanish series Locked Up. They showed the first episode in May 2016 and have never shown another episode since.

The All4 app / site is not geo blocked and works fine here .

You need to set up a free account and log in .

I use the official All4 app on my TV , but I think the android app is chromecast compatible

The browser based version works fine as well .

There's plenty of box sets on it , channel 4 programmes as well as foreign programmes (including Locked Up )

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 798 ✭✭✭cobham

You can see all episodes on All 4 iplayer.

Marje wrote: »

The episodes have been rescheduled and will air this Saturday (30th March) in the normal time slot. This means the final two episodes will be broadcast on Saturday 7th April, and the start of Salamander will be put back a week.

https://thekillingtimestv.wordpress.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 7,814 ✭✭✭Tigerandahalf

A nice series on Spanish art concluded recently. It was more of a travel and history series but enjoyed it.
    The Art of Spain - a few years old I think.

Anyone know what date "The Bridge" will be starting?

Bredabe wrote: »

No exact date but from the attached post, May sometime. https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=106527114&postcount=239

It's moving to BBC2 for the last season.

Thread here on the programme which might have more details when they release them.

• Advertisement

Bredabe wrote: »
    Not announced yet but as mentioned before it will be shown on BBC2 - not BBC4.

Advertisement