Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The BBC Four Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

It's going to become an archive and arts channel first and foremost.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,384 ✭✭✭RebelButtMunch

Ah for feck sake. Is this the end of our Sicilian, Scandi and French fixes?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

Ah for feck sake. Is this the end of our Sicilian, Scandi and French fixes?

well they aren't original programming , it looks like they are going stop making their own shows and documentaries

• Registered Users Posts: 2,384 ✭✭✭RebelButtMunch

peteeeed wrote: »
    well they aren't original programming , it looks like they are going stop making their own shows and documentaries

That's what I'm hoping for, but this quote doesn't fill me with confidance

"“Instead, BBC Four will become the home of the most distinctive content from across the BBC’s archive. It will also remain the home for performance, such as the BBC Proms, BBC Young Dancer and BBC Young Musician"

That's what I'm hoping for, but this quote doesn't fill me with confidance

"“Instead, BBC Four will become the home of the most distinctive content from across the BBC’s archive. It will also remain the home for performance, such as the BBC Proms, BBC Young Dancer and BBC Young Musician"

yeah its alot of money to lose on a channel i really like

• Advertisement

:c

one less reason to use the soapbox so. But at least BBC don't dress it up as "exciting new direction bla bla bla"

• Registered Users Posts: 6,705 ✭✭✭brian_t

The fourth and final episode of the second series of The Young Montalbano is on this coming Saturday.

Saturday 1st May sees the start of a repeat of the first series of "Forbrydelsen" (The Killing) - (3 episodes).

article-0-167A669B000005DC-267_306x389.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 30,582 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

I thought Blindness Those who Kill would be up next as saw a promo ad for it.

Imdb shows 6-7 episodes for Young Montalbano... wonder if they will get around to them.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

brian_t wrote: »
    Blinded: Those who kill starts on BBC4 on Saturday 8th May at 9pm (with a double-bill).

Repeats of the first series of "Forbrydelsen" (The Killing) continue from 11.35pm with another triple-bill.

Repeats of Yes, Minister continue this coming Tuesday with the start of the second series.
    Its followed by a repeat of the first series of To the Manor Born at 8.30pm.

Repeats of the first series of "Forbrydelsen" (The Killing) continue from 11.35pm with another triple-bill.
    In a slight change these repeats start at 10.3pm immediately after Blinded....
    BBC4 originally had an episode of TOTPs between the two.

• Advertisement

Did anyone watch the Blinded : Those who Kill yet?
    I have it recorded. Just wondering if the two episodes wrapped up a complete mystery or if the story continues.

I would rather binge it if a serialised story.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭dball

it was a good watch, first 2 parts of a continuing story. decent

• Registered Users Posts: 11,793 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

Would you need to have watched the 1st series of it? Or could manage without?

didnt know there was a previous series, certainly didnt need to know, its a brand new storyline by the looks of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭Cheshire Cat

dball wrote: »
    didnt know there was a previous series, certainly didnt need to know, its a brand new storyline by the looks of it.

They are stand-alone seasons. No need to have seen the first one.

I've literally had my fill of "Scandi Noir" and will not bother with any more. I want something quirky funny and not set in snow/under grey skies.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,972 ✭✭✭Heighway61

I wonder will these mooted changes at BBC4 mean the end of Storyville?

Heighway61 wrote: »
    I wonder will these mooted changes at BBC4 mean the end of Storyville?

i think a lot of storyville films are independently made

• Registered Users Posts: 4,504 ✭✭✭cozar

It’s good alright. I like knowing who the killer is from the start.!

Saturday 29th sees the start of a repeat of Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy.

The first two episodes start at 10.30pm.

The next three episodes are at 10pm on Sunday.

The last two episodes are at 10pm on Monday.

The last episode is followed by a Mark Lawson interview with John le Carre from 2008.

Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy was first shown on BBC2 in Sep 1979.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭Ludo

Noooo...my Sky Q box has given up the ghost and has to be replaced. Been recording Blinded Those Who Kill to watch once complete...feck it anyway. Had been recording The Killing also to rewatch. Crap anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭PeterDuggan

Ludo wrote: »
    Noooo...my Sky Q box has given up the ghost and has to be replaced. Been recording Blinded Those Who Kill to watch once complete...feck it anyway. Had been recording The Killing also to rewatch. Crap anyway.

I have a lot of The Killing. PM me if you like.

fell asleep during ep.5 (rewatched)
    far too many coincidences in ep.6 - starting to become a very thin plot line

• Registered Users Posts: 2,804 ✭✭✭recipio

Ludo wrote: »

Funny. My Sky HD box gave up and the installer replaced it with a second hand box. He doesn't 'do' new boxes but now it refuses to play some recordings, mainly C4 and Sky Atlantic.A call to Sky did not resolve the problem. I'm thinking of buying an up to date box off Amazon - anyone done this. ?

recipio wrote: »
    Funny. My Sky HD box gave up and the installer replaced it with a second hand box. He doesn't 'do' new boxes but now it refuses to play some recordings, mainly C4 and Sky Atlantic.A call to Sky did not resolve the problem. I'm thinking of buying an up to date box off Amazon - anyone done this. ?

C4 stuff might still be available on their All4 player online ... don't think they geo-block it for Ireland.

odyssey06 wrote: »
    I thought Blindness Those who Kill would be up next as saw a promo ad for it.

Imdb shows 6-7 episodes for Young Montalbano... wonder if they will get around to them.

The Young Montalbano resumes on Saturday 5th June.

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭patspost

Saturday 29th sees the start of a repeat of Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy.

The first two episodes start at 10.30pm.

The next three episodes are at 10pm on Sunday.

The last two episodes are at 10pm on Monday.

The last episode is followed by a Mark Lawson interview with John le Carre from 2008.

Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy was first shown on BBC2 in Sep 1979.

I must keep an eye out for that.
    i purchased the box set, great series.

patspost wrote: »
    I must keep an eye out for that.
    i purchased the box set, great series.

And don't forget Smiley's People if you haven't already watched it.
    Maybe BBC4 will get around to that also.

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭patspost

i was watching John Williams classical guitarist on Sun night, what a fantastic talent.
    i taught i was recording it, but unfortunately it didnt record for me.

• Advertisement

It's Childrens TV night on Sunday and frankly unmissable!

Blue Peter
    04/11/1974
    1974 edition. Items include Petra the dog's twelfth birthday and Bonfire Night. (R)

Bagpuss
    Series 1, Ship in a Bottle
    1/13 Bagpuss's owner Emily brings home a bottle with some bits of wood inside. (R)

The Clangers
    Series 2, The Tablecloth
    1/13 The Clangers try all manner of materials in their efforts to keep the Froglets warm. (R)

Ivor the Engine
    Series 1, The Trumpet
    Ivor receives an unusual item in the post, which turns out to be a trumpet. (R)

Timeshift
    Series 9, Oliver Postgate: A Life in Small Films
    6/9 A celebration of the life and work of children's programmes creator Oliver Postgate. (R)

From Andy Pandy to Zebedee: The Golden Age of Children's Television
    The story of the struggle to make programmes for children in the pre-digital days. (R)

Then more TTSS followed by the complete Motherland series 1 (also unmissable IMO)

Advertisement