Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Office 2013 Home and Student won't install

• 17-11-2013 4:40pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,176 ✭✭✭

Hoping someone here might be help with what's becoming a frustrating issue. Bought a laptop which turned out to be faulty but had already installed the MS Office 2013 (Home and Student version) which I'd bought with it.
    Received a replacement laptop and contacted Microsoft re the authorisation code and they verified that it was ok for use on the new laptop. I've since logged on to my Microsoft account and once I do there's a green link 'Install'.
    I follow all the prompts but then when I double-click to run the installation it suggests that either I have enough space on my hard drive (there's plenty) or it might be an issue with my internet connection (there isn't). I'm running Windows 8. Ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 84,692 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

The normal procedure for installing Office 2013 involves going to http://office.com, logging in to the account you used to activate Office 2013 initially, and from there you can re-download/re-install the program, and manage your license. You may need to de-activate the license from the 1st laptop, the option to do so is in your control panel on Office.com.

I would probably just uninstall the pre-loaded files from the laptop currently and install from the website as fresh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,176 ✭✭✭mosstin

Overheal wrote: »
    The normal procedure for installing Office 2013 involves going to http://office.com, logging in to the account you used to activate Office 2013 initially, and from there you can re-download/re-install the program, and manage your license. You may need to de-activate the license from the 1st laptop, the option to do so is in your control panel on Office.com.

I would probably just uninstall the pre-loaded files from the laptop currently and install from the website as fresh.

Thanks but I've actually tried all of that. Last week I got some online assistance from Microsoft where someone took control of my computer remotely in order to install it but they still couldn't manage it. Now if Microsoft can't install their own software...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 84,692 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

mosstin wrote: »
    Thanks but I've actually tried all of that. Last week I got some online assistance from Microsoft where someone took control of my computer remotely in order to install it but they still couldn't manage it. Now if Microsoft can't install their own software...
    Hah, well, we will not go into the problem I had setting that up one time for a customer but the short version is "god help you if you mistype your email address during your activation"

Do you have screen grabs of the errors? I assume you've removed all traces of previous installations and as a precaution I would run Ccleaner

Advertisement