Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Making goats cheese tart in advance

• 17-11-2013 4:47pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 223 ✭✭

I am planning to make this as my Christmas day starter

http://www.jamieoliver.com/recipes/cheese-recipes/goat-s-cheese-and-sun-dried-tomato-tart

I like to do something handy that can be prepared in advance as I have so much else going on with the whole turkey dinner. Normally I do a homemade soup but we all found it was too filling. One of my guests is a non fish eater so rules out prawns smoked salmon and the like. So I thought this would be lovely. My question is could I have it all assembled the night before leave it in the fridge and just then pop it into the oven just before serving or would that be wrong ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭Animord

You could roll out the pastry and put it into the tin and make the egg mixture the day before, but I wouldn't put it into the pastry until you are ready to bake the next day. Alternatively, you could bake the whole thing the day before and just gently warm it before serving, which is what I'd probably do, to be honest.

Can you do a trial run before the big day?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 223 ✭✭Emcm

That's actually a good idea if I baked it the day before and heat it up next day. I was worried about the wet mixture making the base really soggy and the whole thing falling apart on me. I will definitely to a trial run as I have never made it before so want to taste it if nothing else it sounds yummy though.

I was struggling to think of a handy starter that could be prepared in advance that didn't involve fish or was a soup!

Advertisement