Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Computer Systems and IT course suggestions

Options
  • 17-11-2013 5:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭

Hi all, I'm just looking for a bit of help and advice on any distance learning courses I could do from now until September. I Finished my first year of a 2 year part time course in Computer systems management at ITB in the Summer, I wasn't able to start the second year in September due to not having the money at the time, so I will start the second year next September.

I don't want to go for almost a year and let every thing I've learnt in the first year go stale in my head, so I was thinking about doing a couple of distance learning courses so I can do them at my own pace which will keep my brain ticking over and help me be prepared for the second year.

I'm not sure what courses to do though, I was looking at maybe comptia a+ or maybe some thing with cisco.

The first year of my course covered networking, system administration and Java programming. I wasn't overly fussed on programming but enjoyed networking and administration so if anyone has any suggestions of distance learning courses that will help with these subjects it will be greatly appreciated.

Cheers guys

Advertisement