Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

McDonalds or Burger King? In waterford

Options
  • 17-11-2013 6:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,051 ✭✭✭

Just wondering wheres more popular in Waterford.

Given that they are franchises place to place can vary. I personally would prefer to eat in McDonalds in town nothing against the one on the cork road ill eat there from time to time. But I was in Burger King in City Square over the weekend there and I have to say I wont be going back Service and speed of service was poor, was waiting long enough to get my food and when I got it it was cold, the fries were cold the burger was cold and tasteless and it was completely unpleasant experience.

Just wondering is Burger King popular or did I go in on a bad day?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭Dicky Pride

I wouldn't be a fan of the food in either. Burger King in city square is a horrible place though. Eating lunch with pigeons. The manager there is an awful wagon too. McDonald's is a vastly superior operation in every way. Doesn't change the fact the food is awful though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,599 ✭✭✭lassykk

Burger king is poor in City Square. Not a massive fan of it anywhere but very fond of McDonalds... The one on the Cork Road is top notch but can't actually speak for the one in town as haven't been there in years

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭0rt

Id rather cook something dacent to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,051 ✭✭✭spankmemunkey

0rt wrote: »
    Id rather cook something dacent to be honest.

Me too but if your gonna eat in one of them?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,785 ✭✭✭taytobreath

i had a feed in burger king in shty square and i was pissin through me hole for 3 days straight. it was very sore

• Advertisement

Me too but if your gonna eat in one of them?

neither, im celiac so im the exception i guess,
    the buns have gluten, the burgers have rusk, the fries have a batter on them.. the drinks are just about the only thing i could have :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,642 ✭✭✭MRnotlob606

i dislike the customer service in macdonalds in town

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

Neither.

Supermac's FTW.

Up Galway. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,518 ✭✭✭stefan idiot jones

Vegetarian.

Subway or Spar for a filled roll.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭magick

Vegetarian.

Subway or Spar for a filled roll.

Agreed. Mc Donalds or Bk taste nice at first then an hour later your body makes you regret it and you feel like death.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,152 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

If you go to any Burger King you have to wait a min or two for your food, it's how they work. I can't say I've ever noticed any difference in quality for the BK in Waterford to any BK I've ever been in.

I suppose considering there's two McDonalds and they both open longer than BK you could say McDonalds is the more popular.

supermacs also have taco fries... they seem to be the only taco fries in town that are gluten free!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,952 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

BK rarely have food ready to go, so most is cooked from scratch (worked in a BK 12 years ago). The burgers really are flame grilled, i had a scar for a good few years to prove it! I prefer their burgers to McDonalds, but BK recently changed their chips and i'm not a huge fan of them anymore.

Would love to be able to get a meal as follows: McDonalds Chips, BK XL Double Rodeo Burger, Popcorn Chicken from KFC.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭robtri

0rt wrote: »
    supermacs also have taco fries... they seem to be the only taco fries in town that are gluten free!

Do supermacs not use shared fryers??? If so cross contamination from other fried produts will exist

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭deadybai

prefer burger king meself. mcdonalds is a rip off for what
    you get

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

Dont eat meat but found the customer service in McDonalds in town was brilliant, someone carried my coffee to the table and offered free toys / high chair for baby, even though we weren't even eating anything.

Though in the bathroom cubicle there was an empty naggin bottle and a pregnancy test!

wmpdd3 wrote: »
    Though in the bathroom cubicle there was an empty naggin bottle and a pregnancy test!

Classy.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

the OP description of Burger King in City Square sounds identical to my last experience of the place...and that was 14 years ago when I was in college...some things never change eh.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,336 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Have never eaten in Burger King, and my one experience of McDonalds was complete amazement at the notion of putting a sweet tasting bread bun round a fish filling (the fish was also incompletely cooked so it was cold, but it was the sweet taste that stayed with me!)

• Registered Users Posts: 935 ✭✭✭giles lynchwood

Get the burgers in Flynns butchers,cheese and onion flavoured bap in Lidil,Baste the burger with Jack Daniels BBQ sauce (Tescos poleberry) fry in rapeseed oli on hot griddle.You will never eat an American excuse for a burger again.
    PS.Garnish to own taste.:cool::cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭Up2NoGood

deadybai wrote: »
    prefer burger king meself. mcdonalds is a rip off for what
    you get

Agreed, I would not go to either unless I have a voucher.

Why would you spend €6/€7 in either when you can get something a lot tastier and healthy elsewhere for the same.

VALUE for money

burger king in town always has feathered rats hopping up on the tables eating discarded chips etc.
    Disgusting.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,063 ✭✭✭Greenmachine

BK rarely have food ready to go, so most is cooked from scratch (worked in a BK 12 years ago). The burgers really are flame grilled, i had a scar for a good few years to prove it! I prefer their burgers to McDonalds, but BK recently changed their chips and i'm not a huge fan of them anymore.

Would love to be able to get a meal as follows: McDonalds Chips, BK XL Double Rodeo Burger, Popcorn Chicken from KFC.

I remember the first time BK changed their french fries in 2000. They were flying them in air cargo from the states. Grew to love those redeveloped fries. Then they changed them again sometime in the last two years and they are crap now. Rare I would eat in either to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,222 ✭✭✭✭biko

In Waterford I go to Eddie Rockets instead, before it burned down.
    Now fish burgers in McD.

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭CuriousG

Burger King in town is terrible, the food is never nice and the staff are terrible for the 99% of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭shockwave

CuriousG wrote: »
    Burger King in town is terrible, the food is never nice and the staff are terrible for the 99% of them.

Ive seen staff going around cleaning tables with pigeons picking at their feet and doing nothing to clear them out.

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭CuriousG

shockwave wrote: »
    Ive seen staff going around cleaning tables with pigeons picking at their feet and doing nothing to clear them out.

Me too.

Not to mention the day I seen the manager (yes, manager) sitting on the counter talking to what looked to be her boyfriend. Do whatever you want in your own time but if you are working, let alone the manager, do not look that unprofessional. Disgusting. The people are so rude there, minus a few.

Food is sick.

Supermacs in clonmel is a drivethrough tho :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭enniscorthy

just been down to ur fair city yesterday afternoon for apppointment and called into burger king quickly and was served by a sexy little thing called anita very friendly too and got food fast, burger ok, chips cold, coffee perfect,didnt see any pigeons, 6/10 regards brian

• Advertisement
Advertisement