Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Power rack questionsv2

• 17-11-2013 6:19pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 588 ✭✭✭

Hi there, new thread on this topic to get a few fresh ideas,

I have been thinking about getting a power rack for ages, looking for as good a value for money as I can. don't want to be sucked into buying something expensive on the pretence that its 'good, and will last a lifetime' nor do I want to buy cheap buy twice

1) What commercial type rack with a few hundred kg capacity, vague I know but I see suggestions saying minimum 1000lbs rack to be safe, is this overkill?

2) anyone know or have got one built by fabricator, savings etc? how did you go about it , im afraid of getting it wrong.

3) wooden power racks? any experience, may be easier to build than metal

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 588 ✭✭✭MFdaveIreland

Bump!

Any opinions welcome

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 470 ✭✭Dave 101

Any opinions welcome

Try Odin gym equipment on facebook based in Limerick

Dave 101 wrote: »
    Try Odin gym equipment on facebook based in Limerick

Looked at a few there. Doesn't seem to have web site and Facebook page quite hard to navigate to find prices etc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 470 ✭✭Dave 101

Looked at a few there. Doesn't seem to have web site and Facebook page quite hard to navigate to find prices etc

there mostly tailor made give them a pm for quote

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,981 ✭✭✭✭Hanley

Odin have a rack advertised as an Xmas special for €350 on FB.

Hanley wrote: »
    Odin have a rack advertised as an Xmas special for €350 on FB.

Capacity stated anywhere? Thinking about getting one built, would u recommend certain steel width thickness etc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,281 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

Just buy the Odin one for 350.

It will be solid and at that price it won't be beaten for value anywhere.

thanks for reply and suggestions, thinking of getting a fabricator to weld up a power rack for me, im using 80x80mm box, should stand a right bit,

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,981 ✭✭✭✭Hanley

thanks for reply and suggestions, thinking of getting a fabricator to weld up a power rack for me, im using 80x80mm box, should stand a right bit,

Waste of a thread so.

• Advertisement

Hanley wrote: »
    Waste of a thread so.

I wouldn't say that, was looking tiniest peoples views and want is possibily out there, not many powerracks out there with much capacity for decent money. Who knows, I could be back after changing ny mind :s, or ideas for the design of the and features on the powerrack???

Advertisement