Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fake tan recommendations

• 17-11-2013 6:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 45

Hi everyone,
    Just looking for advice and recommendations for a good fake tan.

At the moment, I use Sally Hansen when ever I go out. I don't think I have every tried anything else really.

I would rather a tan that I only need to apply once or twice a week and it would last that long, rather than sally Hansen where you apply it just before going out and it washes off straight away. Something that doesn't transfers to clothes too.

I was thinking of Lauren's Way or else one by Vita Liberata, has anyone tried these two and what do you think of them, or do you have any other recommendations?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 996 ✭✭✭bnagrrl

I love Coco Brown 1 hour tan. If I apply it the morning the I'm going out it will be lovely and golden by that evening. It's a mousse so very easy to buff it nicely without any streaks or patches. I don't think it smells either. I moisturise every day and I'll get about 5 days before fading starts, then I'll either apply a second layer of just scrub it off. It's only €7 in Penneys too :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

I recently converted to Wow Brown. Its beautiful, a lovely deep colour that doesn't come out orangey. It doesn't wash off easily either and it seems to be fading nicely. It was €20, stockists are hard to find but I got mine in Hennessy's in Cork. You can buy it online, too.

I've been dying to try the Lauren's Way one but I couldn't find it locally. I read that the Wow Brown was very similar which is what made me decided to go for it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭Millem

bnagrrl wrote: »
    I love Coco Brown 1 hour tan. If I apply it the morning the I'm going out it will be lovely and golden by that evening. It's a mousse so very easy to buff it nicely without any streaks or patches. I don't think it smells either. I moisturise every day and I'll get about 5 days before fading starts, then I'll either apply a second layer of just scrub it off. It's only €7 in Penneys too :)

Totally agree Cocoa brown all the way. I get a good week out of it. Maybe more! I just put on one layer I don't want it too dark! I use baby oil in shower everyday and moisturise using a body butter. I get no streaks or patches and just gradually fades. It really is the business. I wear tan all week round and have used all the big brands eg st tropez etc. before cocoa brown I used rockstar which is very good but needs 4 hours developing and before rockstar used st tropez but again needs a night to develop and your bed sheets will be filth! Cocoa brown only takes 1 hour to develop :) Lancôme and clarins were a nice colour but didn't fade as well as others. I got a spray tan of la vita liberata and omg the worst fading I have ever experienced very patchy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 199 ✭✭SarB89

I have used Cocoa brown, tan organic, st tropez, fake bake, the penneys one and I actually hate them all.
    I use sally hansen when Im in a rush, like last minute however If I have the time I apply Palmers Cocoa Butter gradual tan.. You know the moisturiser with a hint of tan, its gets darker after a few days.
    3 days of applying and I have a fab colour.
    Btw Im so pale so I stay away from dark tans.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭Tayla

Laurens way tan is fab, I know Laurens own tan can look awful in paparazzi photos but the product itself is fab.

I use the glam tan, it's not dark on me but no tan ever turns out dark on me anyway, It lasts maybe 3 days on my body and 1 on my face....but that's the same for all tans, they just don't last on me at all.

I have ordered the Fake bake 60 minute tan to try it, you leave it for a maximum of 3 hours, I was very happy with the Laurens way glam tan but the only reason I am trying the fake bake one is because of the fast development time, if I don't like it I will stick to the glam tan one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 424 ✭✭beauty101

I absolutely hate Fake Bake, He-Shi, St Tropez and Karora so don't bother with them!

I've only tried Lauren's Way as a spray tan in the salon and I loved it but it was very dark.

Best I've tried is Cocoa Brown, the original 1 hour tan, but left on overnight and usually built up over 2-3 applications. I wasn't as keen on the Night N' Day version so much. I've found CB was the easiest to apply, most natural colour, least smelly and also pretty fool-proof.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 FBee

Thanks for all the replies everyone.. I actually ordered Vita Liberata from boots on Monday. They have 10 euro off online and I was really considering getting it anyways so I went for it. I am picking it up Thursday/Friday. Hopefully it turns out to be good and suit my skin as its quite dry and sensitive. Really looking forward to trying it now!

I quite like the sound of Cocoa Brown, I may give that a go if Vita Liberata doesn't go well to see what its like.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,448 ✭✭✭✭Cupcake_Crisis

+1 for Cocoa Brown and wow brown, my 2 faves! Recently tried St Tropez for the first time and am SO disappointed!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭Millem

Just back from tesco and cocoa brown tan reduced to something like €5.35! Bargain.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,186 ✭✭✭dee_mc

Hi! Less of a recommendation, more of a cautionary note: tried the cocoa brown tan during the summer and found it great (had naturally brown arms, torso and face, but bright white legs so needed to even things up a bit!), but opened a cupboard yesterday and found the remainder of the can had somehow spewed out all over the place - it was upright and still had the lid on, yet somehow spilt/exploded/whatever. So be careful when storing this tan - I didn't have it next to a radiator or anything so can't understand how it happened!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 56 ✭✭NickyL

I'm another fan of Cocoa Brown 1 Hour. Love it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 221 ✭✭GirlatdRockShow

dee_mc wrote: »
    Hi! Less of a recommendation, more of a cautionary note: tried the cocoa brown tan during the summer and found it great (had naturally brown arms, torso and face, but bright white legs so needed to even things up a bit!), but opened a cupboard yesterday and found the remainder of the can had somehow spewed out all over the place - it was upright and still had the lid on, yet somehow spilt/exploded/whatever. So be careful when storing this tan - I didn't have it next to a radiator or anything so can't understand how it happened!

Happened to me too, all over a lovely pair of white jeans. :(

Still use the tan though, just more careful about storage when im traveling!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 732 ✭✭✭scarymoon1

St tropez mousse is the best. I tried others like a penneys version, fake bake, didn't like them at all. You can't go wrong with st tropez

• Closed Accounts Posts: 768 ✭✭✭PinkLemonade

Happened to me too, all over a lovely pair of white jeans. :(

Still use the tan though, just more careful about storage when im traveling!

They have a travel friendly version now, can take it in your cabin luggage too, very excited about this!

http://m.feelunique.com/p/Cocoa-Brown-One-Hour-Tan-Mousse-100ml

Advertisement