Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Green food colour

Options
  • 17-11-2013 6:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭

Hi all, I am making a giant cupcake Christmas tree, but cannot get the right shade of Christmas tree green! Can anyone reccommend a colour, or any tips to get that perfect green?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭janmaree

If you can't find the right shade, I think you'll have to mix your own, as in yellow and blue together but I imagine you'll have to make quite a bit to get such a dark green colour in the finished cakes! Anyway, that's what I'd do. Good luck!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭seosamh1980

What kind of colouring are you using, liquid? Don't bother trying to mix them to make it, there are loads of shades of gel/paste colours that will be suitable, you'll get them in cake decorating shops or websites. Holly green, Kelly green, party green, leaf green, etc, etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭SarahJ

I got a holly green gel, I don't think I put enough in though. Also I forgot to mention it's buttercream icing that I'm colouring, so that could be my problem too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭seosamh1980

Buttercream is fine to colour with gel or paste, I've used paste ones to colour it before, but not for very deep colours, takes a lot of colouring to get dark colours.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭P.o.p.p.y

The goodalls green liquid colour in Tesco is a dark green an is less than a Euro and works perfectly with buttercream. Much better than the Dr otkur colours.

• Advertisement
Advertisement