Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tattoo on face?

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,571 ✭✭✭newmug

Arawn wrote: »
    Good point. It's a known fact that face tattoo's turn off the emotional part of you and lets people rape you.

You are a ****ing moron of the highest order and have posted some of the stupidest **** I have ever seen on this entire site and that is saying something, you absolute mong.

Yes, yes, willing to take the red card
    kellief wrote: »
    Ah jaysus, would you leave your archaic stereotypes at the door? I don't usually argue on this, but this really bothers me. Your claims there boil down to a basic prejudice that has no place at all in any civil life. You are just trying to start an argument about how worthless people with tattoos are, on a tattoo forum...plain as day trolling. Don't even bother.

Yiz both picked me up wrong. I'm saying people who don't give a fcuk are not cool, nothing to do with face tattoos. I put the rapist as the non-tattooed lad in that scenario, just to drive home that very point.

Arawn, you seem like you don't give a fcuk, by stating that you'd take a red card and all. You misread my post, insulted me, and dissed my (completely unrelated) other posts. You've just proven my point about people who don't give a fcuk. Not cool man, not cool.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭Ms. Koi

newmug wrote: »
    Yiz both picked me up wrong. I'm saying people who don't give a fcuk are not cool, nothing to do with face tattoos. I put the rapist as the non-tattooed lad in that scenario, just to drive home that very point.

Arawn, you seem like you don't give a fcuk, by stating that you'd take a red card and all. You misread my post, insulted me, and dissed my (completely unrelated) other posts. You've just proven my point about people who don't give a fcuk. Not cool man, not cool.

If not giving a crap had nothing to do with face tattoos, why did you say so?
    I find it very worrying that the first scenario you thought of was a rape. That is a bit too drastic.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

Going wildly off topic here but what is so wrong with people not giving a fúck about what other people think of them?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

Considering the forum and the thread, it's always going to lead to some over reactions. And your post did go to an extreme about the man with the tattoo.

Also there is a big difference between not caring what people think of you and not caring about people.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Newmug and Arawn both infracted.

Newmug for what I can only describe as a trolling post, designed to provoke reactions with a preposterous scenario, Arawn for personal abuse.

Keep it civil please.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 510 ✭✭✭feelpablo

endacl wrote: »
    Only this guy could look as badass as that kid.

nude_tattoo_old_man.jpg

Ah ffs....whats that dude gonna look like when he's old and wrinkly....he also clearly does not give a fook!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭daveyeh

:rolleyes:

I meant to elaborate on why you would jump to that conclusion.

My personal experience.

I'm sure they were enraptured with your sparkling personality! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭Arawn

remember this bint?blog-pic141.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

Ah but god bless her, didn't she fall asleep and the tattoist took advantage. It's like a taxi that takes the long way round.

• Advertisement

Orim wrote: »
    Ah but god bless her, didn't she fall asleep and the tattoist took advantage. It's like a taxi that takes the long way round.

not sure if yer serious, but she admitted she was lying and knew exactly what was getting done

• Registered Users Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭bodice ripper

The jackass who did that tattoo, and followed it up by tattooing his name in six inch high black letters on the face of a 19 year old girl he met that day, wandered into the shop I work in. I closed myself in another room so I wouldn't start screaming. What a scumbag.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

It might look cool for a while but tbh I think looks like **** on most people.

Now, Maori and real tribal tatts are ok as every line has meaning and tradition.

Bruce Potts is a different kettle.
    859867629d96e8c11514df339afec40e.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭baron von something

The jackass who did that tattoo, and followed it up by tattooing his name in six inch high black letters on the face of a 19 year old girl he met that day, wandered into the shop I work in. I closed myself in another room so I wouldn't start screaming. What a scumbag.

you mean this one?

http://img.thesun.co.uk/aidemitlum/archive/01667/CEN_Tattoos_01_02__1667029a.jpg

she obviously has issues

yeah she has issues, but she didn't tattoo her name on the face of someone half her age, know what I am saying?

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭jenizzle

Does a tattoo artist have the right to "control" (for lack of a better term) what others do to their bodies?

If some 18 year old comes into you looking for a facial tattoo - do you do it?

I've no hassle with facial tattoos, but the only people I know with them are in the tattoo industry and I think it quite suits them. I may not like the tattoos, but I'd be no means made uncomfortable by them.

Personally, when I was told that someone wanted a facial tattoo, I made a face. One of those "are you sure you want to do this?" faces. But then I realised it's not up to me, it's up to them, and I can either like it or lump it. In the meantime, we've had discussions over it and I've started looking at designs with them and I've seen some really great facial tattoos.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Most people with face tattoos are already heavily inked all over their body so then it's not an issue I suppose.

I was at Roisin Dubh a while back and it was weird. Lots and lots of people with face tattoos, along with massive sleeves and neck tatts.
    I had forgotten Galway Tattoo Festival was on in town that weekend...

jenizzle wrote: »
    Does a tattoo artist have the right to "control" (for lack of a better term) what others do to their bodies?

I've no hassle with facial tattoos, but the only people I know with them are in the tattoo industry and I think it quite suits them. I may not like the tattoos, but I'd be no means made uncomfortable by them.

Personally, when I was told that someone wanted a facial tattoo, I made a face. One of those "are you sure you want to do this?" faces. But then I realised it's not up to me, it's up to them, and I can either like it or lump it. In the meantime, we've had discussions over it and I've started looking at designs with them and I've seen some really great facial tattoos.
    the right to refuse service, so yes. contract law states that it is only an offer being placed for the tattoo, artists can happily tell whoever to **** off

• Registered Users Posts: 24,253 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

Personally, while uninked myself, I really like tattoos but would very much stick with the rule of thumb of "can it be covered wearing a normal business suit". If not, I think it's a silly thing to do tbh. There's no accounting for how much someone can change over the course of their lifetime and the free spirited 24 year old working in a tattoo parlour today may decide they want to become a solicitor/barrister/accountant/whatever in 10 years time.

I'm not coming at this as some puritanical type, I personally want a full back piece (a colour, highly detailed marine scene) but, as the sole-earner in a young family, it isn't something I can afford to get any time soon. The "**** the world, I don't care what anyone thinks so I'm going to do something to provoke a reaction" stuff has always seemed very petulant to me. It's the sort of thing I expect from an angst ridden 13 year old rather than someone old enough to get a tattoo. I have to say I'd pity the girl in the picture baron von something posted and would regard the tattooist as a bit of a scumbag to do that to someone, even if they were asking for it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 502 ✭✭✭BeerSteakBirds

a tattoo on your face basically means you think or see life outside the box. this can be for good or bad. If thats the worst aspect of their personality then great . However a lot of prison lifestyle types also have facial tattoos or at least one black dot on face to signify that they belong at least to that group...

A facial tattoo means caution basically....in my opinion. Caution to determine which side of the divide the wearer falls on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭MajorMax

I dislike tatoos, I think they're cheap and common. However, I recently saw a tall dark well dressed girl in Dundrum and she had a maori style tatoo on her right temple curling under her eye, I thought it was very attractive and suited her very well

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

Gladly would. Scumbag!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

Are they still together, I'd laugh if they ever broke up :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Esoteric_

Are they still together, I'd laugh if they ever broke up :pac:

They're married now!

http://929nin.com/what-ever-happened-to-the-woman-who-got-her-face-tattooed/

• Registered Users Posts: 42 McIrish_

jenizzle wrote: »

Are you an artist? If so how often would somebody come in and get their face done? What kind of stuff would they get inked?

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Gandr

whats he going to look like when he in the post office drawing his pension.the mind boggles.....

McIrish_ wrote: »
    Are you an artist? If so how often would somebody come in and get their face done? What kind of stuff would they get inked?

About once or twice a month someone comes in off the street, looking to get tattooed there and then. Crosses, words, teardrops and on one occasion a stack of cash.

Gandr infracted. Familiarise yourself with the charter before posting again.

Any further instances of posts like that will earn the poster a ban. (This applies to all posters, not just gandr)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

I wouldn't be a big fan of face tattoos, and wouldn't get one myself but I think they do suit some people, especially subtle ones. I'd have no issue with a tattoo artist refusing to do a face tattoo for someone that's not heavily tattooed already or someone who's just walked in off the street. It definitely is something that requires a serious amount of thought as who knows what you might be doing in 10 years time and if a face tattoo could have an impact on that. Yer man who tattooed those girls faces is just an arsehole plain and simple. No self respecting artist should do that to a young woman's face, regardless of the situation or whether she's 18 or not.

I think the tattoos on this woman in the video look nice and suit her. *warning, video contains dermal punches, lip scalpelling and lots of blood. Probably best not to watch if you're squeamish*

Advertisement