Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tattoo on face?

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭Killer_banana

I think if you have a job which allows for visible tattoos and you have no plans to leave that job and there's as close to zero chance as possible of ever losing that job and you're heavily tattooed already and have thought long and hard about it then get one (wow the sentence was longer than expected). Whether someone feels it's right or wrong that society looks down on those with facial tattoos at the end of the day that's how Getting a tattoo is a choice so if you don't want people to judge you for it then don't get it.

I can't imagine ever getting facial tattoos myself but I think most of them look quite cool. I've never seen anyone outside the body mod industry with them though and I can't think of many more industries where they'd be completely accepted.

From what I've heard and read most decent artists won't tattoo in an area not easily covered up unless the person is already heavily tattooed and has done their homework. Even then some still won't do facial, hand etc., tattoos to anyone outside of the body mods industry. Whether you agree with it or not artists can and do refuse certain business for various reasons. I know an artist who won't do text tattoos because she doesn't like how they look. Some people might disagree with that but it's her business so she can do what she likes.

In regards the 'what will they look like when your old' argument, unless you're Helen Mirren no-one's going to be hugely attractive when they're old, tattooed or not. Also if you take care of you tattoos they can age pretty well.

Advertisement