Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Stoopid bikers...........

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 62 ✭✭HamSambo

The fella at the 0:57 mark looks like he fooked up his left arm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,306 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Jasus. Must remember to always check the ground clearance when loading a bike

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

Cienciano wrote: »

...must remember...never buy a pick-up.............:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 896 ✭✭✭blu3r0ri0n

Thats why I hate dismounting from curbs, seen too many lads wreck their belly pans.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,306 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

blu3r0ri0n wrote: »
    Thats why I hate dismounting from curbs, seen too many lads wreck their belly pans.
    I did a good one coming off a kerb. Half way down I stopped cos a car was coming. Couldn't get my foot down because I was too far off the kerb. Nothing worse than trying to get your foot down and you feel fresh air where you expect to feel solid ground :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

Most of those could be avoided if the pickup was down the drive a little bit to lower the angle between the ramps and the back of the bed.
    Sit the truck facing from the kerb 90º and you will lose at least 4-6" in height, which makes a big difference in the angles.
    Still makes for entertainment though.
    I have seen a few bikes go through back windows of pickups as well.
    Trailers are a much safer job.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

The dumbest thing about all but 2 of those clips is that there are a bunch of people around filming, but none helping..... 3 people could load a bike in easily.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 896 ✭✭✭blu3r0ri0n

I did a good one coming off a kerb. Half way down I stopped cos a car was coming. Couldn't get my foot down because I was too far off the kerb. Nothing worse than trying to get your foot down and you feel fresh air where you expect to feel solid ground :D

LOL, did something similar on the FZ6 leaving the garage after getting a new rear tyre put on. It was raining heavy and there was puddles every where, except the one puddle I went to put my foot down was a f*&$%ing pot hole, had to push the bike off myself, mortified! :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

I know a guy that ended up with horrific injuries after reversing out of a space and stepping into some kind of drain/ manhole thing that's cover was broken or missing. Look where you leap!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭Xios

Suggested video, most look sore.

4:30, This is why you should ATGATT, for stupid little **** like that.

Edit:/
    Actually reminds me of this post on Reddit/motorcycles
    Really makes you think before gunning it as the light goes green.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭Xios

There is, putting your foot down on solid ground, only to realise instantly that its loose gravel, twisted my knee something fierce that day. Fazer + Pillion + slight incline of dirt/gravel.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,180 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

It could happen to a bishop.

I was at a rally one time with a GSX-R750L. Not too long after getting there, riding gear off, tent set up, decided to move the bike about ten feet to a better position. Of course my left trouser leg gets caught on the footpeg and I don't notice until I go to put my foot back down. Tim-BAAAAAARRRRR!!!

I used to rent a house in a different part of town a good few years back. Driving one of those Shocking Pink YZFs with a stage-I EXUP engine in it. I used to bring it round the back and over the lawn to secure it to a concrete post. One wet Winter the lawn was a quagmire of muck and the front disappears from under me, and down the whole lot goes. I ended up trapped under the sodding thing be the leg until Mrs. Goose came home twenty minutes or so later and rousted out a couple of neighbour's youngfellas to lift it offa me.

:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,498 ✭✭✭BrokenArrows

Why do none of these people think of putting down two more planks either side for their feet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

Why do none of these people think of putting down two more planks either side for their feet.

Then it wouldnt be funny..................:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

Most of them couldn't be saved that way either, once the frame or engine cases out the whole bike is balancing on a small area and becomes very unstable.
    The centre of gravity is transferred to the frame rail.

Advertisement