Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can anyone help. PS3 won't run by ethernet cable off modem.

Options
  • 17-11-2013 7:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 606 ✭✭✭

Have UPC installed recently, fiber to modem. Running at about 85mbs. PS3 won't work by ethernet cable off modem but laptop will off same cable .Tried three different leads one even cross over, still no joy. Pilot light at port won't even light up. Have borrowed mates ps3 same non results.
    Any ideas welcome

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,819 ✭✭✭phill106

time lord wrote: »
    Have UPC installed recently, fiber to modem. Running at about 85mbs. PS3 won't work by ethernet cable off modem but laptop will off same cable .Tried three different leads one even cross over, still no joy. Pilot light at port won't even light up. Have borrowed mates ps3 same non results.
    Any ideas welcome

odd one alright, dont have any security settings on the modem do you? Mac filtering or something?
    I had a similar issue with a zyxel modem, it was just basically **** for ps3's but ok for computers. I'd say bring your ps3 to mates house, test it there with his modem.

• Registered Users Posts: 606 ✭✭✭time lord

Thanks good call. UPC have a new modem in already differant make too. (Installed one on day of fiber installation and then another one the next week. No filtering on. One of the ps3's has decided to co-operate now. It is beside modem on ethernet cable, the ps3 I borrowed :( of course it is the one showing signs of life. Cable out to shed still the same will run laptop but not ps3.
    Think its time for st. Jude!

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭sandleman1979

One quick check... Im not sure if this can be set on the PS3, but as the network port is gigabit capable, make sure that the speed is not forced to run at a gigabit on the PS3. It will not work if the port you are connecting it to from UPC gear is limited to 100MB...

Advertisement