Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Position problem

Options
  • 17-11-2013 8:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16

Hi,

I had a bad crash early August and landed straight onto my right side, with my hip taking the worst of the impact. This wasn't giving me any problems while doing anything until recently it has gotten worse. While cycling, my right knee points outwards and the right shoe and ankle hit off the crank and chainstay. My left knee hits off the toptube repeatedly so that at the end of each cycle I am left with major bruising on the knee. My left shoe doesn't come into contact with anything while cycling. (Nothing to do with cleats). (My right side is most noticeable, but knee isn't sore, just uncomfortable).

At first, mid - September, I thought this might have just been a tight right i.t. band or tight right quad but after three visits to osteopath and lots of stretching this problem still persists. Recently, I have been thinking that maybe my hips were knocked out of alignment in the crash, do you think this could be a cause ? It's definitely me and not bike, or shoes or anything like that.

Any help or suggestions are welcome, thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,526 ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

Sorry, but we absolutely cannot offer any medical advice on Boards.ie, so I have to close the thread. We're in no position to judge how serious it may be. Highly recommend seeing a medical professional.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement