Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New tv, using sky box in other room for signal

• 17-11-2013 8:44pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 255 ✭✭

hi there,
    just looking for some advice.
    thinking of getting a new tv for a another room and wondering how I could get channels on it.
    I have a sky multiroom box that I would want to use.
    Could I use a sky eye ?
    or some sort of digi sender ?
    thanks for advice

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,285 ✭✭✭Peter Rhea

If you want to use the multiroom box at the new TV, you will need a cable from the satellite dish to where the new TV is located.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 255 ✭✭DublinBeaker

Peter Rhea wrote: »
    If you want to use the multiroom box at the new TV, you will need a cable from the satellite dish to where the new TV is located.

Hi peter, thanks for the reply.
    I want to use the existing multiroom box upstairs for new tv downstairs.

Think I will need to run a cable from sky box upstairs to new tv downstairs.

Was hoping I could do it wirelessly somehow.

was looking into a Sky Eye or similar

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,285 ✭✭✭Peter Rhea

You can use a wireless sender if you like. Don't know a whole lot about them & can't personally recommend anything but, the 5.8 gHz type seem to be the ones to go for as they are less likely to suffer from, or cause interference to wifi, than the 2.4 gHz type.

Example here: http://www.amazon.co.uk/NIKKAI-5-8GHz-WIRELESS-SENDER-RECEIVER/dp/B005EP7X74 can transmit Sky box output & also handle remote control. Of course, the signal has to be able to get from transmitter to receiver & how these units perform will depend a lot on the particular building in which they are installed.

The official 'Sky HD Multiscreen' box doesn't have an RF output for sending signals over coaxial cable & accepting remote control commands from a 'magic eye' & would require the 'IO link' add-on, along with the cable & eye, if you want to go with a cabled connection.

Advertisement