Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How much is my Xbox 360 worth?

Options
  • 17-11-2013 9:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭

Looking for a bit of advice folks. Haven't had time for my Xbox in the last while so am thinking about selling it.

I bought it in Summer 2011 and its the 4gb version that came with a Kinect. Sadly, my dog knocked over the Kinect one evening and the grey neck part of it has snapped. Is it easy to fix?

Anyway, I still have the original box and have Kinect Adventures and no other games. I sold all the games I had separately as I wasn't playing any except FIFA.

I'm just wondering what the console would be worth to sell second hand? Even without the Kinect. I have the one controller.

I tried looking online but can't see that many consoles for sale.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

keep it, would not be worth selling as you'd get so little for it, probably 40quid, try cex if your serious but I'd doubth they would even give you much as well
    4gb is whats killing the price

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

2Mad2BeMad wrote: »
    keep it, would not be worth selling as you'd get so little for it, probably 40quid, try cex if your serious but I'd doubth they would even give you much as well
    4gb is whats killing the price

I'm not expecting a mint for it but €40 seems very low. GameStop are selling the 4GB bundle with Kinect for €289.99 new,

While I don't expect anywhere near that, I thought it'd be worth more than €40.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭bucks73

GameStop gave me €90 credit towards the One for my 250gb halo reach console and only €16 for my kinect. Gives you an idea of what they're worth.

bucks73 wrote: »
    GameStop gave me €90 credit towards the One for my 250gb halo reach console and only €16 for my kinect. Gives you an idea of what they're worth.

Would you not have tried a private sale? Games shops give nothing for consoles.

Couldn't be bothered to be honest. Might have got a few quid more but was just easier to bring in everything 360 related in one go.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,216 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

Howdy lemlin, I reckon its worth 80 with fifa included.. you should tgrow it up on adverts.ie and see how you get on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭firestarter51

i got 100 for mine and it sold i a day, i did have the 120 gb hdd, ask for 90 on adverts and take the best offer

• Registered Users Posts: 9,507 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

Lemlin wrote: »
    Looking for a bit of advice folks. Haven't had time for my Xbox in the last while so am thinking about selling it.

I bought it in Summer 2011 and its the 4gb version that came with a Kinect. Sadly, my dog knocked over the Kinect one evening and the grey neck part of it has snapped. Is it easy to fix?

Anyway, I still have the original box and have Kinect Adventures and no other games. I sold all the games I had separately as I wasn't playing any except FIFA.

I'm just wondering what the console would be worth to sell second hand? Even without the Kinect. I have the one controller.

I tried looking online but can't see that many consoles for sale.

40-50. There are plenty of 4gb consoles with a couple of games going for 70

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

Dude you got fleeced big time.You should have sold it on donedeal or something

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭brijay

http://www.pinterest.com/pin/321937073334162770/ It says they give you €140 for a 250gb xbox? I don't understand

• Advertisement

Going to call into them tomorrow about that.

Going to call into them tomorrow about that.

Ok cool tell me what they say

Will do. I remember seeing those prices months ago so doubt they were the same two weeks ago but I'll check anyway.

But the post is only 11 days old so must be still running I say

I'll check tomorrow morning and post back.

Could the Kinect be repaired with superglue or is it definitely fooked?

Lemlin wrote: »
    Could the Kinect be repaired with superglue or is it definitely fooked?

Can you put a pic up of the damage lemlin?

Didn't get into gamestop but rang them earlier. Girl on the phone said I traded in my console before the promo started and there was no way of changing it now. Going to argue my case tomorrow night again when I go in to collect.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Im going to trade in my 360 in the morning, Will report back here when i do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭2ndcoming

There is no way you are going to get near what your console is actually worth trading it in at a shop. They want to sell it for what it's actually worth, so they pay you what it's worth less the amount of profit they want.

Ring them, find out how much they sell your console for pre-owned, then stick it up on adverts for €20 less.

Welcome to the world of business.

If there is significant damage to the kinext cex wont accept it.

Cex is a weird place, they make a big deal of checking id of the joe soaps that arrive in with their own consoles etc but turn a blind eye to obvious junkies handingnin phones stating I couldnt find the charger chief

2ndcoming wrote: »
    There is no way you are going to get near what your console is actually worth trading it in at a shop. They want to sell it for what it's actually worth, so they pay you what it's worth less the amount of profit they want.

Ring them, find out how much they sell your console for pre-owned, then stick it up on adverts for €20 less.

Welcome to the world of business.

The kinect belonging to the console is broken there is more to it than you can see read the original post from op

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭nialljf

Will the official price of 360s come down in the next while do you think?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,051 ✭✭✭jantheman91

Didn't get into gamestop but rang them earlier. Girl on the phone said I traded in my console before the promo started and there was no way of changing it now. Going to argue my case tomorrow night again when I go in to collect.

Argue what case? You haven't a leg to stand on.

This is why customers with legitimate cases get f* over.

Does my nut in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,893 ✭✭✭Cheerful Spring

nialljf wrote: »
    Will the official price of 360s come down in the next while do you think?

Most likely probably about 5 months or 6 months after launch of PS4 and XB1

Argue what case? You haven't a leg to stand on.

This is why customers with legitimate cases get f* over.

Does my nut in.

Yep. They wouldn't budge. I'll get the console there and get the games in HMV or online.

Can you put a pic up of the damage lemlin?

Here's a pic of the damage:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

If there is significant damage to the kinext cex wont accept it.

Cex is a weird place, they make a big deal of checking id of the joe soaps that arrive in with their own consoles etc but turn a blind eye to obvious junkies handingnin phones stating I couldnt find the charger chief

the links I posted there were without the kinect, he could sell that for a few quid on adverts as is.
    in relation to phones, I'd never buy a phone 2nd hand except maybe from select few friends/family/work colleagues.

• Advertisement
Advertisement