Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Good case for Ipad Air?

• 17-11-2013 9:22pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭

Thinking of upgrading my Ipad 1 to the Air for christmas but Im looking for a case for it the apple ones are €79 :O are they worth it or are there better for less out there?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,531 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

I got this one off E-bay and I genuinely cannot see any difference with the Apple one.
    Loads more in E-bay available and plenty of good quality as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,018 ✭✭✭✭adox

I could never get on with any of the Apple ipad cases and the new one doesn't fill me with confidence at all. Add to that the ridiculous price and I won't be entertaining it at all.

I will definitely pick up a case though. I find it incredibly annoying using the ipad air naked. It slips around all over the place and is quite awkward without a tilt function of a case.

I have my eye on this one and will probably buy it when it's available this side of the pond:

http://www.amazon.com/Devicewear-Slim-Position-Stand-Switch/dp/B00G4EBO24/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1383955254&sr=8-1&keywords=devicewear+ridge+ipad+air

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,907 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

adox wrote: »

It's available for €39 delivered

Aodhagan wrote: »
    It's available for €39 delivered

Sorry meant when it's available from the UK store.

Would more than likely get caught with customs charges coming ordering from the States.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,190 ✭✭✭Dublinstiofán

• Advertisement

Sorry meant when it's available from the UK store.

Would more than likely get caught with customs charges coming ordering from the States.

The €39 includes customs duties :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,213 ✭✭✭culabula

murpho999 wrote: »
    I got this one off E-bay and I genuinely cannot see any difference with the Apple one.
    Loads more in E-bay available and plenty of good quality as well.

Can the cover be removed or is it all one? Difficult to tell from the description.

I got this for 99p -seems to have gone up slightly, since.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00G32RDTU/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

The €39 includes customs duties :)

You pay all duties at check out now on amazon.com?? Never realised that.

So it wont be hit for anything else if I order?

Doubt that very much. Duties are applied by the State wherein goods are received.

• Advertisement

No you won't. Purchased goods from Amazon US twice and the "custom duties deposit" covered the fee.

They make out the fee based on the percentage charged on the value of the goods for the specific country.

Don't know why the poster above doesn't agree.

No you won't. Purchased goods from Amazon US twice and the "custom duties deposit" covered the fee.

They make out the fee based on the percentage charged on the value of the goods for the specific country.

Don't know why the poster above doesn't agree.

Cos I got hit for twenty pounds sterling duty on a special Bob Dylan CD which cost around nineteen pounds. Never noticed such an option.

culabula wrote: »
    Cos I got hit for twenty pounds sterling duty on a special Bob Dylan CD which cost around nineteen pounds. Never noticed such an option.

If you go through the checkout process you will be given a figure for import duty fee's before you confirm. That's where I got the €39 figure from.

If you go through the checkout process you will be given a figure for import duty fee's before you confirm. That's where I got the €39 figure from.

Well, I just did a test order but stopped short of completing. I could find no such option. There was however a very clear warning that you will be liable for duty in your own country. Here is their advice from the site.

"When ordering from Amazon.com, you're responsible for assuring the product can be lawfully imported to the destination country.

The recipient is the importer of record and must comply with all laws and regulations of the destination country. Orders shipped outside of the United States may be subject to import taxes, customs duties and fees levied by the destination country. The recipient of an international shipment may be subject to such import taxes, customs duties and fees, which are levied once a shipment reaches the recipient's country. Additional charges for customs clearance must be borne by the recipient; we have no control over these charges and can't predict what they may be. Customs policies vary widely from country to country; you should contact your local customs office for more information. When customs clearance procedures are required, it can cause delays beyond our original delivery estimates."

Please note the sentence "we have no control over these charges and can't predict what they may be".

Well, I just did a test order but stopped short of completing. I could find no such option. There was however a very clear warning that you will be liable for duty in your own country. Here is their advice from the site.

"When ordering from Amazon.com, you're responsible for assuring the product can be lawfully imported to the destination country.

The recipient is the importer of record and must comply with all laws and regulations of the destination country. Orders shipped outside of the United States may be subject to import taxes, customs duties and fees levied by the destination country. The recipient of an international shipment may be subject to such import taxes, customs duties and fees, which are levied once a shipment reaches the recipient's country. Additional charges for customs clearance must be borne by the recipient; we have no control over these charges and can't predict what they may be. Customs policies vary widely from country to country; you should contact your local customs office for more information. When customs clearance procedures are required, it can cause delays beyond our original delivery estimates."

Please note the sentence "we have no control over these charges and can't predict what they may be".

This is what I get (attachment)

This is what I get (attachment)

Then I can only imagine that it is an arrangement specific to Ireland and that British customs are disallowing it. I have never seen such a thing before.

Then I can only imagine that it is an arrangement specific to Ireland and that British customs are disallowing it. I have never seen such a thing before.

Nope. Works the same for delivering to a UK address. Total: €37.94

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,449 ✭✭✭wolfyboy555

Ordered this last week! Being sent through parcel motel!

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00GGSZR26/ref=pe_385721_37038051_pe_217191_31005151_3p_M3T1_dp_1

Had the same make case for ipad2 and it was a great case!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,197 ✭✭✭kensutz

Ordered this last week! Being sent through parcel motel!

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00GGSZR26/ref=pe_385721_37038051_pe_217191_31005151_3p_M3T1_dp_1

Had the same make case for ipad2 and it was a great case!

Did you get the case? If so, what do you think of it?

kensutz wrote: »

Not released until the 29/11.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭fade out

kensutz wrote: »

I just got this delivered today. I got it for a bargain price plus they sent me out a free screen protector with it too. Price back up to £9.99 now.

Cover itself is great...much better then the one I had on.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,044 ✭✭✭leemaree

anyone know where I could get this case? http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00GLRSMVU?redirect=true&tag=metarlife-20 in Ireland. I can't find anything on the web

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Bigcheeze

Anyone got a recommendation for an iPad mini retina case?

Looking for something thin that doesn't encroach on the bezel.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Lads, if i ordered a case today from Amazon (UK) what are the chances i'll have it before Christmas.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,280 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

Slattsy wrote: »
    Lads, if i ordered a case today from Amazon (UK) what are the chances i'll have it before Christmas.

You'll have it by Wednesday probably, by Friday for sure.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

mdwexford wrote: »
    You'll have it by Wednesday probably, by Friday for sure.

Cheers.
    Rarely order from Amazon, can you track your item?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,055 ✭✭✭Doge

I ordered myself the Invision Case too, it looks like an excellent alternative to the Apple's official Smart Case.

The damn thing was 14.99 when I ordered, its down to 11.82 now!

I love how the invision cases snap into place:

Slattsy wrote: »
    Cheers.
    Rarely order from Amazon, can you track your item?

Not with Super Saver Delivery or Standard Delivery anyway, at least in my last 2 transactions.

There may be tracking with express delivery, there's more information here:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/help/customer/display.html/ref=oh_notrack_why_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&nodeId=200437660

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,280 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

waveform wrote: »
    I ordered myself the Invision Case too, it looks like an excellent alternative to the Apple's official Smart Case.

The damn thing was 14.99 when I ordered, its down to 11.82 now!

I love how the invision cases snap into place:

Im delighted with mine, exactly what I wanted.

I got mine for 1.95 :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,055 ✭✭✭Doge

mdwexford wrote: »
    Im delighted with mine, exactly what I wanted.

I got mine for 1.95 :)

Saw your reply and your South Park avatar and thought,
    "you bastard!"

I commend you on getting such a good bargain though. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

Damn, I had to pay 3 for mine! Great case.

Advertisement