Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Good case for Ipad Air?

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭brophs

For anyone that has the Invision iPad Air case, where it snaps into place, is it likely to mark the iPad? I know some of the cases that allow the iPad to snap into place seem to scuff the corners quite badly.

Cheers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,452 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

brophs wrote: »
    For anyone that has the Invision iPad Air case, where it snaps into place, is it likely to mark the iPad? I know some of the cases that allow the iPad to snap into place seem to scuff the corners quite badly.

Cheers.

no probs so far..its leather so doesn;'t mark the case...for the price its a fantastic bargain.

Blazer wrote: »
    no probs so far..its leather so doesn;'t mark the case...for the price its a fantastic bargain.

Do you mean the clips themselves are finished in leather so that what touches the edges of the iPad is leather? Sorry for the follow up question, but the pictures on this link don't show what I'm looking for.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00GGSZR26/ref=noref?ie=UTF8&psc=1&s=electronics

Cheers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,055 ✭✭✭Doge

Do you mean the clips themselves are finished in leather so that what touches the edges of the iPad is leather? Sorry for the follow up question, but the pictures on this link don't show what I'm looking for.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00GGSZR26/ref=noref?ie=UTF8&psc=1&s=electronics

Cheers.

286205.jpg

The darker grey bit at the top feels like a hard plastic,
    The bit underneath is softer.

I have the black / space grey iPad Air, and have taken it out a lot of times, and I cannot see the case leaving a mark on the iPad, the iPads trim and back plate are much more resistant and durable than you are thinking.

It's no longer aluminium, but polyutherane.

Edit: How the hell did I get that wrong!

The smart case apple makes is polyutherane!

The space grey aluminium is not as shiny, and just seems a lot more scratch resistant.

It would take something really sharp to mark it, and the invision case is certainly not sharp in anyway.

I think I'll go ahead and order it so, unless anyone else has any better suggestions?

• Advertisement

I think I'll go ahead and order it so, unless anyone else has any better suggestions?

If you want a leather PU case then go for it. The only con is that as it's a form of leather, it is heavier than the official smart case cover and the one linked on eBay in an earlier post. The iPads reduced weight makes up for it though imo.
    And it should add better protection. It certainly doesn't feel bulky for a leatherish case.

I have read that after about a year with other invision cases that the tabs at the corners can come loose after extended use of pulling it in and out, but for the price this shouldn't really be an issue. This is not to say that it will happen with this newer case.

Bottom line, I love the case and think it is a bargain at the current price, I doubt you'll find a better case for the money, especially when I compare it to the crappy cases that I'd find in local shops, which are even more expensive!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,452 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

waveform wrote: »

I have read that after about a year with other invision cases that the tabs at the corners can come loose after extended use of pulling it in and out, but for the price this shouldn't really be an issue. This is not to say that it will happen with this newer case.

Bottom line, I love the case and think it is a bargain at the current price, I doubt you'll find a better case for the money, especially when I compare it to the crappy cases that I'd find in local shops, which are even more expensive!

Hell I paid €70 for the 12 South book case for the iphone and both tabs are gone after about 8 months of usage..still clips in the same though but still..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭whitebriar

I have the official smartcase.
    It's nice,it has the Apple logo on the back and it keeps the air light.

But it is flimsy.It does not seal tight at the back.
    It will wear and tear quickly and it is already worn enough after 2 months to make it's kick stand not stand very well.

In short,a rip off obviously but even if it was half the price,a waste of money.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭football girl

Anyone know of a good ipad air keyboard?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,018 ✭✭✭✭adox

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭ussjtrunks

Got the Invision case for xmas with the air and its a great case much better than many of the alternatives I've seen + its almost as light as the apple case but it feels much more sturdy its a bargin at what amazon wants for it.

The white one also looks very nice with the white air :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭Northern Monkey

Any updates on how everyones cases are wearing? The invision case is up to £19 now (for black), so just checking to see if there are better alternatives before I pull the pin on it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭Heisenberg1

Any updates on how everyones cases are wearing? The invision case is up to £19 now (for black), so just checking to see if there are better alternatives before I pull the pin on it.

I have the invision black case and I'm must I'm very impressed no signs of wear at all very sturdy case I would highly recommend it. I have it since Xmas go for it you won't be disappointed.

adox wrote: »

I`m getting on great with this one. Possibly my favourite iPad case ever.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 278 ✭✭Lockster

I purchased this one at Christmas and it is great so far.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00FAOWTUK/ref=oh_details_o02_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

adox wrote: »
    I`m getting on great with this one. Possibly my favourite iPad case ever.

On side of the front cover there is a rubber trim that split on mine.
    Not sure how it split, could have been my finger nail or something.

Mine has been getting very heavy use though.

The arrow shows where the rubber trim ends is in this photo:

290443.jpg

As you can see i peeled off the rest of the rubber trim, it comes off cleanly so it doesnt effect the top of the cover.

You won't notice this unless you're directly staring at the side of side of the ipad, and why anyone would do that anyway is beyond me.

It might bother fussy people though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 201 ✭✭plasmin

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&id=

Bought last week, very good value for money. Good seller

Advertisement