Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

does anyone know where to fill the api on the united airline website

Options
  • 17-11-2013 9:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9

where to fill the api on the united airline website and the secure flight

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,445 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Hi JohnJason2011, welcome to the world of plain English. Hopefully you'll have better luck than you did with the two previous threads you created to ask the same question.......
    i just went onto united airlines website nd typed in my United flight/reference number nd my booking came up,but i dnt see api anywhere,whats secure flight for,do i do that online or in da airport
    hi i booked hoilday to new york from shannon ,i booked it through expedia,the company is lufansno nd wen go in to the lufanso website nd go into my bookings ,i try to find api and secure flight online but i cant find dem

• Registered Users Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭Cushie Butterfield

You don't fill in the API. It'll be done as you queue to check-in at the Airport. A customer service agent will approach you & swipe your passport. Just have the address you'll be staying at to hand, as you'll need to provide it at the time.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

I read API as Application Programming Interface and couldn't figure out what he was trying to do to the United Airlines website !

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭RachealB

Hi, Flying same airline.. Rang united and they advised that have to update same 24hours before flight on site,? its just passpot, hotel etc details. that is all.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭Cushie Butterfield

RachealB wrote: »
    Hi, Flying same airline.. Rang united and they advised that have to update same 24hours before flight on site,? its just passpot, hotel etc details. that is all.
    Yes, if your flight is eligible for online check-in you'll fill in the API details during that process if you're doing it that way. Some code-share flights & ticket types aren't eligible, depending on what airline you're using for the first leg of your journey, so the online option isn't available & API is done while in queue for check-in , but if you were told you can do it online you'll be fine, but you'll be approached either way at Airport & asked same questions. You can do it either way.

https://www.united.com/web/en-US/content/help/onlinecheckin.aspx?SID=6D5DF032450D4DA1A84B5AC73DD31F30

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9 johnjason2011

hi i got this from the united airline website,where can i fill that in

When is Secure Flight information sent to the TSA?

Secure Flight data is sent to the TSA 72 hours prior to scheduled flight departure. For Secure Flight information that is added or changed within 72 hours, data is updated and sent immediately. This includes data that is collected for reservations made less than 72 hours prior to departure.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭silja

This means the UA websites sends the info to TSA 72 hours prior to departure. It does not say anything in your quote about YOU, the passenger, having to do anything.

Advertisement