Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DAVE CLARKE & NIALL POWER 29TH NOV RESISTANCE WATERFORD

Options
  • 17-11-2013 9:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭

DAVE CLARKE BRINGS THE ‘WHITE NOISE’ BACK TO JOHN STREET !

Dave Clarke last played at Number 10 John Street in 2008, at the Resistance Warehouse Party with his good buddy, Green Velvet. That party still holds the record as the busiest night ever in that club space and Dave makes a return to it (Crystal) on Friday, 29 November, to bring his White Noise back to John Street. The word legend is used lightly these days but, when it comes to techno, there are few people that have achieved as much as Dave Clarke. Starting out in the 1980’s in Brighton, Dave Clarke broke the mould with his debut album Archive One in 1996. Fast forward 17 years to 2013 and through his unbridled enthusiasm for music across all genres and a keen ear for what the dance floor needs, Dave Clarke is as relevant today as ever. Dave’s brilliant “White Noise” show on 2FM every Saturday night continues to bring cutting edge techno to the masses and he is a big supporter of new Irish talent. Tickets (€15) for Dave Clarke at Crystal on 29 November (with support from Niall Power) are available now at the ‘Buy Tickets’ button on https://www.facebook.com/Shorttsbar or https://crystalnightclub.ticketabc.com/events/dave-clarke-2/

He may be known as The Baron Of Techno, a moniker given to him by John Peel, but Dave Clarke has an anarchist streak a mile wide and punk in his soul. “I got so much **** for being a futurist,” he states (he was the first Techno artist to release an Internet only single back in 2000), “When I started going digital and moved away from vinyl some of my fellow artists asked me, ‘How much are they paying you?’ How much is who paying me? It was such a strange situation - this is techno – it’s supposed to be forward-looking! ‘Whatever these people say, I’m still going to move forward, it’s the right course.” He did and does. He plays out every weekend ; to name a recent few, The Rex in Paris, Klubbers Day in Madrid, Buenos Aires, Fabric in London and headliner of Britain’s Glade Festival. At every event there’s the same attention to detail, his sets swooping whip-smart along the cutting blade of techno and electro, backed up by a seasoned bag of DJ tricks that pushes the whole caboodle to the next level.

It all started back in the 80s when Dave blagged himself a DJ slot in Brighton. Such gigs provided Clarke with a meagre living, then in 1994 his reputation was sealed by a series of EPs known collectively as ‘Red’. His mix CDs included the two best-selling ‘World Service’ outings (one of which made it into the top ten best mix compilations of all time in Resident Advisor) showcasing his dual love for electro and techno. When his production pace ebbed, Music Man Records gathered together ‘Remixes And Rareties’ in 2007, making Album Of The Month in Mixmag and receiving critical plaudits all over. These and countless other tunes are chopped, hammered, filleted and turned on their heads during Clarke’s DJ sets. That’s where he comes alive, where skills honed for years blow venues apart. A recent highlight, for instance, was the 19th birthday party of FUSE, the Brussels club where his standing is second-to-none, where he’s developed an extraordinary relationship with the crowd, similar to the one he has with his crowd in Waterford after more than a decade of annual visits. He speaks of it with his breath catching, thrilled as ever by the ride the music takes him on. “I love having a crowd absolutely hanging by a thread, completely gripped,” he announces passionately, “I often say to myself in the middle of a set, ‘I love my job’. It’s true. He really does. And it shows.

Here’s a link to that set: https://soundcloud.com/dave-clarke-dj-sets/fuse-19-years-2013

Advertisement