Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ultra high-tech in-car holder

Options
  • 17-11-2013 10:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭

Thought I would show off my solution for holding a mod safely while driving...

One peice of high density foam roughly hacked into shape with a hole cut in the centre, then stuffed into my Golf's cupholder...

10868073434_765e035832_c.jpg

Ta-dah !

10867936575_15593d427f_c.jpg

OK...so I lied about the 'high-tech' bit. So sue me :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,674 ✭✭✭DirtyBollox

more hi-tech than mine, I just used an empty cup....

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

Nice, I tried cutting up some bits of cardboard from a tin foil roll, which was a pretty good fit for a vamo, and sellotaped some extra bits on the side to make it stand upright. Kinda works ok, but I think your higher tech solution would be better.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭EGriff

My car has a little hatch near the starring wheel that has room for my ego + dripper and 3 bottles of juice.

Is that a Magoo on that provari? Very nice looking set-up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Ionised

EGriff wrote: »
    My car has a little hatch near the starring wheel that has room for my ego + dripper and 3 bottles of juice.

Is that a Magoo on that provari? Very nice looking set-up.

Aye that's a Magoo. Cracking vape for the price.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭dePeatrick

All you need is a bit of that padding stuff used in upholstery and a bit of (fake) black leather and you have a custom made holder for your provari......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

Ohhhhhhh provari thank you very much :D. Looks good and solid in it's holder.

Hal1 wrote: »
    Ohhhhhhh provari thank you very much :D. Looks good and solid in it's holder.

More usually you would find a Dingo in there. I do like my mechs!

I'm going to have to find some black foam I reckon as the white really does not go with the rest of the interior.

Did someone say OCD ? :D

Ionised wrote: »
    More usually you would find a Dingo in there. I do like my mechs!

I'm going to have to find some black foam I reckon as the white really does not go with the rest of the interior.

Did someone say OCD ? :D

Black foam :eek: Ionised, that is a Provari, do not....repeat....do not under any circumstances put black foam around it......black leather only.......how many times have I told ya......:D

Mutter.......mutter.......mutter......no accounting for taste......mutter.....nutter.....mutter...............the end. *whew*

• Registered Users Posts: 4,085 ✭✭✭meoklmrk91

I am going to pick one of these up for my phone: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Wonder-Holder-Satellite-Navigation-detectors/dp/B0038MJRXS/ref=sr_1_1?s=automotive&ie=UTF8&qid=1384956602&sr=1-1&keywords=magnetic+phone+holder

Going to stick one of the magnetic strips on my MVP, might be too much of an ask considering the weight of the MVP, but sure ill give it a go anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭Yogic

dePeatrick wrote: »
    Black foam :eek: Ionised, that is a Provari, do not....repeat....do not under any circumstances put black foam around it......black leather only.......how many times have I told ya......:D

Mutter.......mutter.......mutter......no accounting for taste......mutter.....nutter.....mutter...............the end. *whew*
    I bought some black oasis in a flower shop - you know the stuff they use for flower arranging

• Advertisement

Yogic wrote: »
    I bought some black oasis in a flower shop - you know the stuff they use for flower arranging

They make that in black? Interesting news.

I wonder if it might kind of flake off though...

Yogic wrote: »

Falls apart in no time.....at this stage I think the only thing to do is pour some fast setting concrete in there, pop the mod into the middle with some release agent sprayed on it and Bob's your uncle.......never wear out! :D

Falls apart in no time.....at this stage I think the only thing to do is pour some fast setting concrete in there, pop the mod into the middle with some release agent sprayed on it and Bob's your uncle.......never wear out! :D

That's not the most daft idea ever... It's close though :-D

That's not the most daft idea ever... It's close though :-D
    What you need is ultra light weight concrete....like polystyrene foam....nightmare to control though, but polystyrene could work reasonably well though.....btw I do have some black leather and a whole assortment of fabrics if you want something funky to cover it with.

What you need is ultra light weight concrete....like polystyrene foam....nightmare to control though, but polystyrene could work reasonably well though.....btw I do have some black leather and a whole assortment of fabrics if you want something funky to cover it with.

Thanks mate. My wife has some black leather scraps and a sewing machine. Only hard part will be getting her in a good enough mood to make it for me. That could get expensive!

Thanks mate. My wife has some black leather scraps and a sewing machine. Only hard part will be getting her in a good enough mood to make it for me. That could get expensive!
    Especially sewing leather ....:eek: synthetic leather is way easier to sew....and works better in a car.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭ghogie91

Haha thats brilliant

I try hold mine in the door, then someone with a low voice comes on the radio and rattles me and the mod :P

Update...Version 2 !

11115211355_92c98ef2b3_c.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

That looks very good. Another one for the other cup holder to put a spare battery and some juice would finish that off perfectly.

Advertisement