Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Slim christmas tree

Options
  • 17-11-2013 10:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17

Hi all, starting to get ready for the season to be jolly and I'm having a bit of bother finding a christmas tree.

We have always had large real christmas trees but to be honest we really don't have the room, never have, sothis year we've decided to get a tree that fits. We're looking for a slim tree, doesn't really matter what height but we'd like it to be 5ft or more just so there is some room to decorate, what with it being so slim. We would ideally like a tree with a bottom branch diameter of around 30inches or so.

I have spotted lovely ones on amazon but none will deliver to Ireland, lovely ones on ebay but the delivery is almost twice the price of the tree itself and i found one on littlewoods but at €52 it's a bit expensive and i just want to see if there is anything cheaper before buying.

Has anyone spotted anything like the tree i'm after or maybe bought something like it in the past? I'd really appreciate any help.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭Hufflepuff

Have you tried tesco ? I know my mam got one there a couple of years ago. Not sure how much it cost but i know it wouldn't have been expensive.

• Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭Kablamo!

B&Q will have what you're after. Dealz have a 6 foot tall tree advertised for a tenner aswell, might be worth investigating.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 mustlove everyone

I'll try Tesco and Dealz. There's no b&q store where i live. Thanks

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

I'll try Tesco and Dealz. There's no b&q store where i live. Thanks

Have you tried Argos? I got a slim one there before.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭fishy fishy

i found beautiful one last year in B and Q - I needed a slim one for one of the small rooms in the back - I found a gorgeous slim on and it still looked really lush and full - it was six foot high. less than 100 too. perfect.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭tfak85

I have a lovely slim tree from Marks and Spencer, bought it a couple of years ago. They still have it now too, I think it's around the 80 mark.

Lovely and full, plenty of branches, just slim!

Advertisement