Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Christmas lights on St patrick's street

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭Red Nissan

hoodwinked wrote: »
    absolutely unbelievable the ignorance shown by the staff and the radio station involved. :eek:

It's not ignorance, it's station orders. They get a script and they follow it, no one might have turned up and there would still have been a fantastic reception.

I could go on about match reports, traffic reports, getting that CASH for the weekend from their various give aways and secret sounds and even who wins them, but I won't here.

We all should remember Wayne in the studio playing aircraft sound effects. :)

Sonics2k wrote: »
    Half the lights were gone constantly, and they never changed them.

They got quite crappy all right, they needed to be replaced, but with similar, not necessarily the exact same but those lights did impart a better atmosphere.

I think I'm more shocked by the fact there's actual parking spaces on Patrick's Street, and two proper sized lanes heading north.

Indeed, "progress" has seen the DESTRUCTION of Cork.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭murphym7

Sonics2k wrote: »
    The stores along Oliver Plunkett Street are asked to pay €350 per shop to contribute to the lights. So a small shop like the Mr Simms is asked to pay the same as Penneys. Madness.

Nor sure what the deal is with the retailers/City council these days regarding Oliver Plunkett Street now, but back in the 80's, the purchasing and hanging up of lights was down to the retailers. There was a shopkeepers association that the shops were paid members of and they paid for the lot. My old fella had a couple of shops in the area and I remember him talking about it years ago.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 93 ✭✭Henry94

I don't like the trend towards towards blue and white lights. They traditional red and green created a warm atmosphere. Blue and white just remind us that it's cold.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,312 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Best lights and decorations in the city this year are in Merchants Quay shopping centre - absolutely stunning. So colourful and festive! And they have the little elves in the middle of the escalators working away on the toys :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭hoodwinked

leahyl wrote: »
    Best lights and decorations in the city this year are in Merchants Quay shopping centre - absolutely stunning. So colourful and festive! And they have the little elves in the middle of the escalators working away on the toys :pac:

aww i haven't seen it yet but am looking forward to it now,

Santa arrived at wilton last friday night and the indoor lights/decoration there were fabulous too, they also had the old decorations up on the roof outside of santa and his sleigh...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 338 ✭✭Marcus Halberstram

It could be worse lads, the council in Limerick switched on the lights at 3pm in broad daylight.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭PanaDrama

Thought twas grand, good ole buzz around

Advertisement