Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Short term lets

Options
  • 17-11-2013 10:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

I'm looking to rent somewhere in either south dublin or the city centre for a few months. I've checked out loads of websites but cant find anything affordable. Anyone know what the best option would be?
    It would preferably be an apartment to myself. Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

To be perfectly honest- the shorter you want to rent for- the higher the monthly rent. If its a very short term let you're looking for- perhaps other options (such as staying in a budget hotel) may actually work out more cheaply (and would give you flexibility you wouldn't necessarily have, if renting an apartment).

Landlords do not like letting for a couple of months- and few tenants seek to do so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 947 ✭✭✭zef

Hi, I had the same problem after a house fire, landlords looking for 1100e per WEEK for a 2 bed on Capel St
    You can negotiate a long term stay with a hotel and they should give you a decent percentage off, especially as its off peak.
    I reduced my hotel bill by 25-33% by negotiating with them.
    After a month of searching daily for a house or apt, 3 months lease, 1,500e max p.m., city centre to blanch areas I gave up and am staying in the hotel until New year.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 MJLB

thanks for that, will probably look into a hotel or similar so.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,656 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

www.airbnb.com you might find what you're after there, it's likely to be shared though.

Advertisement