Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Accommodation Query

Options
  • 17-11-2013 11:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10

Hi,

I'm starting work soon in the bank centre in Ballsbridge. Was looking at the cost of renting/sharing in Ballsbridge and It is pretty pricey.

Just wondering is there any other area's around Dublin that would be cheaper rent wise along with having a public transport route (LUAS/DART etc) from that area to the bank centre area in Ballsbridge?

Sorry I have very little knowledge of Dublin so don't know where to start really.
    thanks for any advice.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,344 ✭✭✭Thoie

Somewhere along the Dart line would probably be best - Killester to Dalkey maybe.

You can use http://hittheroad.ie/#from=Killester(53.371559,-6.202624)&to=53.328134,-6.227731 to see suggested public transport links from various places around Dublin, so when you have it narrowed down to an area, you can use that site to see what it suggests for travelling. Personally, I'd try for somewhere that has two different types of transport (say buses and darts) if possible - that way if one is on strike/closed, you can switch to the other.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Pogba

Would the traffic be busy in the money going on the bus from Glasnevin to Ballsbridge?

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭d1234

Worst thing about the bus is often they just drive by! I would agree with the others re DART.

Could you tell us more about what exactly you're looking for, budget etc. and perhaps we could roll out some ideas?

I don't know that route, but I'd say a bit. I was going to estimate about 45 minutes on the bus. This link is saying about 50 minutes.

http://www.journeyplanner.transportforireland.ie/nta/XSLT_TRIP_REQUEST2

Thoie wrote: »
    I don't know that route, but I'd say a bit. I was going to estimate about 45 minutes on the bus. This link is saying about 50 minutes.

http://www.journeyplanner.transportforireland.ie/nta/XSLT_TRIP_REQUEST2

hittheroad.ie says the route would only take 30 minutes??

• Advertisement

d1234 wrote: »
    Worst thing about the bus is often they just drive by! I would agree with the others re DART.

Could you tell us more about what exactly you're looking for, budget etc. and perhaps we could roll out some ideas?

Surely you could just flag down the Bus like?

anything decent really...limit would be 500 a month which probably wouldnt get ya much in Dublin

Pogba wrote: »
    hittheroad.ie says the route would only take 30 minutes??

It looks like that's off peak.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

Surely you could just flag down the Bus like?

anything decent really...limit would be 500 a month which probably wouldnt get ya much in Dublin

Depending on the route sometimes they can be full by the time they get to your stop.

This place looks nice enough and wouldn't be much of a cycle or walk to Ballsbridge.

http://www.daft.ie/searchsharing.daft?id=740834#

I've no connection to the ad, just popped in €500 max into daft.

Would it be a recipe for disaster trying to get 2 buses to work in the morning?

Would it be a recipe for disaster trying to get 2 buses to work in the morning?

Many people do it, but it would drive me insane - it just adds too many variables into the equation - e.g. your first bus gets held up, making you miss the next one. You get a seat on bus 1, but no seat on bus 2, or you get off a stuffy first bus, then have to stand in the rain/cold waiting for the next one.

Hundreds, if not thousands, of people do it regularly, but I'd try to avoid it. On the other hand, it won't cost any extra, as you'd get a weekly/monthly/annual bus pass so the cost is the same.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭Easy Rod

You should be able to get a room in Irishtown/Sandymount/Ballsbridge area for about €500 fairly easily. Then walk into work every day.

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭d1234

Advertisement