Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hanging posters/banners in public places?

Options
  • 17-11-2013 11:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭

Hi there,

Not sure if this is the place to ask but here goes..

Im looking to hang a banner for a new business venture somewhere on the Northside. I don't want to be breaking any litter by-laws or the likes, does anyone know the steps to take when hanging a banner somewhere? Obviously id need a permit of some sort, (if at all possible) But what part of the city council do I apply to etc?? Has anyone got any experience of this?

Cheers in advance!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,882 ✭✭✭JuliusCaesar

Have you tried DCC switchboard? They're usually very helpful in sending you to the right dept.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Hootanany

I think the secret is don't put a phone number on it just a web address. The kitchen crowd is getting around big time but I could be wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

put your banner up after 4pm on a Friday and take it down on the Sunday night

• Registered Users Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Mountjoy Mugger

thehamo wrote: »
    Hi there,

Not sure if this is the place to ask but here goes..

Im looking to hang a banner for a new business venture somewhere on the Northside. I don't want to be breaking any litter by-laws or the likes, does anyone know the steps to take when hanging a banner somewhere? Obviously id need a permit of some sort, (if at all possible) But what part of the city council do I apply to etc?? Has anyone got any experience of this?

Cheers in advance!

DCC have guidelines and contact information here for banner advertising. HTH

• Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Hootanany

But how is the kitchen crowd getting away with it?

• Advertisement
Advertisement