Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Insure And Go

Options
  • 17-11-2013 11:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭

Maybe this should be in legal, but I'm not sure. So whats after happening is that after 80 euro disappearing mysteriously from my bank account and ordering a bank statement, I realized insureandgo were after automatically renewing my travel insurance policy for another year. They seemingly had given me notification via post (to an address I don't live in anymore) and that I would have to opt out to stop it from renewing. I feel furious over this because they basically cheated me out of 80 euro without my consent, its not as if I even have any travel plans this year! Do I have any comeback in this? Is what they did even fully within the law?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 744 ✭✭✭dpofloinn

Have you re read the origional contract you signed for the first insurance policy ? Does it have any conditions or terms?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,208 ✭✭✭keithclancy

Quite common, normally there's a 30 days notice period you have to cancel the contract.

Check the T&Cs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 687 ✭✭✭Five Lamps

It's also not their fault that you haven't updated your contact details.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,754 ✭✭✭oldyouth

They probably issued a renewal advising that the policy would be renewed automatically should they not hear from you to the contrary. If you haven't notified them you moved house, how are they supposed to know.

Advertisement