Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help with identifying the x?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭SillyMangoX

On a first glance I would say some sort of wire haired jack Russell would be in there somewhere, but I'm sure there are more people on here that would have a better idea than I would! No
    Matter what the breed is though... What a cutie!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭Mince Pie

Shes twice the size of a JRT and high energy. Loves running and would just cuddle you all day. I love her. :) My other pooch has fallen for her as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭SillyMangoX

Hmmm maybe a collie or a springer spaniel in there somewhere too giving the bigger size? Sounds like a little character!

Someone said that she looked like she had collie in her earlier, they also said she looks like a Disney dog. Lol

This should give a better idea of her size beside the lurcher madam.

https://scontent-b-lhr.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/1381392_10151596389091735_1755504368_n.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 416 ✭✭Rips

She probably is a lot of things, but she looks a lot like a smooth haired fox terrier! Her head is a little on the round side.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/c/c4/Two_Fox_Terriers.jpg

That is a breed that originated from various other terrier crosses though, so its no surprise that she looks a certain type, even if she has no 'pedigree' background. I've seen similar looking dogs arise from complete muttxmutt crossings.

She's a beautiful girl regardless :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,189 ✭✭✭boomerang

Could venture any guess as to the mix, but she is darn tootin' gorgeous, and your lurcher, too! :) They both landed on their paws, I'd say. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,552 ✭✭✭Layinghen

She is an absolutely beautiful dog. I think you can proudly say she is a "Heinz57" dog - a little bit of everything.

I like that Heinz 57! I was more curious as to find out what her mix is for characteristics and also insurance & health wise t'is good to know.
    She is so much cuter in real life, so hard to get a good picture to capture her.

Found a good one, the things doggies do for cheese!

https://scontent-a-lhr.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/1378385_10151594451041735_336665013_n.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Knine

Mince Pie wrote: »
    I like that Heinz 57! I was more curious as to find out what her mix is for characteristics and also insurance & health wise t'is good to know.
    She is so much cuter in real life, so hard to get a good picture to capture her.

Found a good one, the things doggies do for cheese!

https://scontent-a-lhr.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/1378385_10151594451041735_336665013_n.jpg

I would not say Wire Fox Terrier as they are a small narrow type dog. To me there is something about the width of her jaws that suggest staffie. She has a strong muzzle & that smiling face. She is also wide in front. Also could be a bit of lurcher/collie type in there.

She is lovely.

Thoughts on possible Beagle in there?? Just by the body and her energy for running.
    The reason I mention Beagle is that there is a certain stubborness to her as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,710 ✭✭✭Joeseph Balls

Theres a pointer in there i reckon...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

Outside bet? Part boxer or staff in the mix.
    Hard to tell with the photo angle.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Knine

Thoughts on possible Beagle in there?? Just by the body and her energy for running.
    The reason I mention Beagle is that there is a certain stubborness to her as well.

Beagles have hound type ears & would have more lip. Hound ears would not be erect.

Knine wrote: »
    Beagles have hound type ears & would have more lip. Hound ears would not be erect.

I thought about the ears after I posted that but thought she resembled them in body and the fact that her nature is sweet but a little stubborn. (as in she likes to finish her sniffing before she will come back to me)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,770 Mod ✭✭✭✭DBB

Theres a pointer in there i reckon...

Aside from the clear terrier influence, this was the first thing that popped into my head too... English Pointer. Not first generation perhaps, but there's a resemblance, to my eye at least!
    the fact that her nature is sweet but a little stubborn. (as in she likes to finish her sniffing before she will come back to me)

That'd be the terrier in her ;-)

Awesome, before I got my lurcher love, I'd been toying with getting a pointer so got one in the end. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭TooManyDogs

My vote is for spaniel, I have a JRT x spaniel and she has a HUGE chest, she's a medium size girl too but has a longer snout :)

Advertisement