Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting to Blackrock Clinic for 10.30am

Options
  • 18-11-2013 1:18am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 322 ✭✭

I'll be coming down the N2 or M1 to be at the Blackrock Clinic for 10.30am, Friday next.

I am not used to driving through city traffic. Long before the M50, I remember coming down the N2 through Glasnevin onto North Circular Road, turning left somewhere, over O'Connell bridge, past the RDS to Dun Laoghaire port.

I guess this time of the day would be busy, or is it just busy all the time? What time would I need to reach Finglas or Santry (I'm looking at Google Maps)? Any tips to get there dent-free and on time?

Makes me think of this, to be honest: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8DV0XFIVZMY

Edit: Mods, would this be better in the Dublin City forum?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

ppshay wrote: »
    I'll be coming down the N2 or M1 to be at the Blackrock Clinic for 10.30am, Friday next.

I am not used to driving through city traffic. Long before the M50, I remember coming down the N2 through Glasnevin onto North Circular Road, turning left somewhere, over O'Connell bridge, past the RDS to Dun Laoghaire port.

I guess this time of the day would be busy, or is it just busy all the time? What time would I need to reach Finglas or Santry (I'm looking at Google Maps)? Any tips to get there dent-free and on time?

Makes me think of this, to be honest: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8DV0XFIVZMY

Edit: Mods, would this be better in the Dublin City forum?

Your best bet is M1/N1 into town, hang a left and go past Croke Park to the docks and then over the east link bridge and down the coast road. That could be anywhere from 45 minutes to an hour from the airport junction on the M1.

If you use the tunnel, which is €10 up to 10am, it will take about thirty minutes from the junction.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭zagmund

If you are looking for an easy drive (and it sounds like you are) then switch to the M1 at some point before Dublin and just keep on driving - it leads onto the port tunnel (which bypasses loads of traffic jams, traffic lights, etc . . .) which leads you on to the toll bridge and you have just successfully bypassed almost all possible city centre related traffic jams.

The port tunnel will cost you €10, but it will give you a pretty much guaranteed transit time. When you compare that to the unknowns of driving through the city, it's well worth it.

z

• Closed Accounts Posts: 322 ✭✭ppshay

Think I'll go with the Port Tunnel. I have been known to take a wrong turn before!

What tolls will I have to pay apart from Drogheda and the Port Tunnel.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,720 ✭✭✭✭LXFlyer

The toll over the East Link bridge.

Advertisement