Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Doctor Who: The Ultimate Guide: Mon 18 @7pm BBC 3.

• 18-11-2013 2:23am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭

Doctor Who: The Ultimate Guide
    (Entertainment)

p01lkrb8.jpg

Time - 20:00 to 22:00 (2 hours long).
    When - Monday 18th November on BBC 3

Matt Smith and Jenna Coleman celebrate the 50th anniversary of the space-travelling Time Lord and take an in-depth look at of one of the most intriguing fictional characters of all time.
    With the 50th anniversary episode, The Day of the Doctor, about to hit our screens there's a look at all 11 incarnations of the Doctor and their most famous scenes and storylines, an exploration of the many sides to the Doctor and asking what is he really like. Plus, a look at The Doctor's many travelling companions and adversaries over the years and how they all contribute to creating the longest running sci-fi show of all time.
    Featuring David Tennant, Paul McGann, Sylvester McCoy, Noel Clarke, Rick Edwards, Konnie Huq, McFly, Joel Dommett and many more, it's the best preparation possible for the 50th anniversary episode.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b03jgj2

Other times its repeated:

Time - 00:40 to 02:35 (1 hour and 55 minutes long).
    When - Tuesday 19th November on BBC 3

Time - 19:00 to 21:00 (2 hours long).
    When - Friday 22nd November on BBC 3

Time - 22:05 to 00:05 (2 hours long).
    When - Saturday 23rd November on BBC 3

Along with Doctor Who Explained is very handy for fans of the show to help with references to people & places mentioned in the show, as i wouldnt be a nerd of the show, but it helps me understand the show & meanings more & amongst all the programmes on Watch today inc David Tennant's last two ep today: in Journey's End where meeting up with Verity Lambert at a book signing, & i didnt realise on the name until i came across it by accident here & other clues were there as well like “Clara’s Leaf”

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Patty O Furniture

Really enjoyed that, helped me out with a lot of info on the doctor's i barely know, but i'm no expert after that, so don't ask me on what a valeyard is or...:P
    As i started watching it since the restart, but really enjoyed it more when Tennant came on & loved the double act of Smith & Gillan as she had to hold her own against the doctor & didnt she just (in that policewoman's outfit !)
    but over the next few days i Gotta lock the door & disconnect the doorbell as someone landed at me when i was in the middle of the program, but watched it at a more later time that night.

But a few question still reside,
    As before, some things went over my head & not realise it til you read/heard about it & think that was smart, as i found out who Verity Lambert was (as the original scriptwriter on the show & came up with 'The Doctor' )played by Jessica Stevenson but why did David Tennant in his last ep ask her was she happy at the book signing? before he regenerated.

I've heard a Doctor can have 13 lives & 12 Regenerations, but i'd imagine there's some crafty way around that as the next Doctor will be the 12th (i told you i was good) :D

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,871 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

For people who haven't seen this but are completists there's about 3 minutes of new in character footage bookending the programme.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

But a few question still reside,
    As before, some things went over my head & not realise it til you read/heard about it & think that was smart, as i found out who Verity Lambert was (as the original scriptwriter on the show & came up with 'The Doctor' )played by Jessica Stevenson but why did David Tennant in his last ep ask her was she happy at the book signing? before he regenerated.

That was Verity Newman in End of Time (named for Verity Lambert though). Verity Newman was the granddaughter of the nurse in the Family of Blood two parter (Joan Redfern). The granddaughter was publishing the Journal he'd left from the granny's viewpoint. So she recognised Ten, seeing as he looked exactly the same as he had when he was boning courting her grandma.

Ten felt bad about 'killing' John Smith, he wanted to know that she had been happy in spite of the horribleness.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Oh and we really enjoyed this programme this evening.

That BBC three comedian fella is a pain in the face though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Patty O Furniture

I would ask about the Bad Wolf in Billie Piper but was mentioned in the Guide, & noticed that the 2 parter is on tomoro:

Time - 15:00 to 16:00 (1 hour long).
    When - Wednesday 20th November on Watch HD

Bad Wolf. Series 27, episode 12.
    The first of a two-part story with Christopher Eccleston as the mysterious hero. The Doctor, Rose and Captain Jack fight for their lives on board the Game Station.
    Starring: Christopher Eccleston, Billie Piper, John Barrowman, Anne Robinson, Davina McCall, Trinny Woodall
    (Widescreen, Subtitles, Audio Described, 5 Star)

Time - 16:00 to 17:00 (1 hour long).
    When - Wednesday 20th November on Watch HD

The Parting of the Ways. Series 27, episode 13.
    It's the final bow for Christopher Eccleston's Doctor as he makes the ultimate sacrifice to save Rose. The Dalek Emperor launches an attack on Earth.
    Starring: Christopher Eccleston, Billie Piper, John Barrowman, Jo Stone-Fewings, Jo Joyner, Noel Clarke
    (Widescreen, Subtitles, Audio Described, 5 Star)[/SIZE]

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭Killer_banana

So Tennant said he wasn't involved in the anniversary, he lied. McGann said he wasn't involved in any way, he lied. Colin Baker recently said he wasn't in any way involved in any of the specials or celebrations and he had spoken to McGann, McCoy and Davison, none of whom would be involved either. He went to far as to get quite angry at Moffat and deplore the fact they were being treated as 'surplus baggage' after giving so much to the show...and lo and behold all of them popped up in this.

I am starting to wonder just how much of Moffat's story of his lunch with Eccleston is true, if any of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

To be fair, being a talking head on a clip show isn't what I'd class as "involved"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭Killer_banana

BuffyBot wrote: »
    To be fair, being a talking head on a clip show isn't what I'd class as "involved"

But he wasn't asked if he was involved in the episode he was asked if he was involved in any of the specials, I include this as a special.

Advertisement