Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My broadband has been broken since thursday

Options
  • 18-11-2013 9:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 22,423 ✭✭✭✭

I really need it re-activated., I'm doing an online course and I've already missed one deadline because I couldn't submit my work

I called the support team and on the my-eircom page I get a fault reference number 11990701

I was told that it's a problem with the exchange. My router says that it has ADSL sync but it can't connect with the BAS server

The problem is definitely not on my end, I have tried several different routers and none of them can connect.

Can someone please sort this out for me?
    Thanks
    David

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Akrasia wrote: »
    I really need it re-activated., I'm doing an online course and I've already missed one deadline because I couldn't submit my work

I called the support team and on the my-eircom page I get a fault reference number 11990701

I was told that it's a problem with the exchange. My router says that it has ADSL sync but it can't connect with the BAS server

The problem is definitely not on my end, I have tried several different routers and none of them can connect.

Can someone please sort this out for me?
    Thanks
    David
    Hi Akrasia

I can see technicians have been working on this since 8.35 this morning, they may be at the exchange however notes do indicate that they hope to have this issue resolved very soon.

Thanks

Al

• Registered Users Posts: 22,423 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

Thanks for your response
    We had a technician call to the house yesterday but he was not able to solve the problem. He thinks it might be a problem with the line, but the lines at the house were tested and they are fine

The phone line works fine for voice calls and the router is able to sync with the ADSL signal but just not connect to the server.

Thanks for your response
    We had a technician call to the house yesterday but he was not able to solve the problem. He thinks it might be a problem with the line, but the lines at the house were tested and they are fine

The phone line works fine for voice calls and the router is able to sync with the ADSL signal but just not connect to the server.
    Hi Akrasia

As soon as I have a further update I'll let you know right away.

Thanks

Al

Hi Alan
    It's day 8 now since my broadband went off, is there any update on this please?

Hi Alan
    We're on the 9th day.
    The order status on My Eircom is still at 'fault reported' 
    Is there anyone working to resolve this?

• Advertisement

Hi Alan
    We're on the 9th day.
    The order status on My Eircom is still at 'fault reported' 
    Is there anyone working to resolve this?
    Hi Akrasia

I'm really sorry for the delay in getting this resolved. I have requested more information on why this is taking so ling form operations and I'm hoping to have news on this soon.

Thanks

Al

Advertisement